Free Agency Tom Rockliff [signed with Port Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd happily have him on a reasonably priced contract if only to get Ziebell out of the middle and up forward.

Brissy will land a pick at the end of the 1st round as compo.

Old Gill will let us know which band we will get. If we can only achieve end of 1st Rd we will up our offer and keep him one would think.

I'm thinking a deal could be done for us to spend enough on Rocky to get Brisbane first round compo, and exchange you pay some of Schache's contract.

Means Brisbane get Pick 2, Pick 17, and Miles/Lennon/Lloyd for Schache and Rockliff.

I'm thinking a deal could be done for us to spend enough on Rocky to get Brisbane first round compo, and exchange you pay some of Schache's contract.

Means Brisbane get Pick 2, Pick 17, and Miles/Lennon/Lloyd for Schache and Rockliff.

So basically pick 17 plus fringe player for schache? Gtfo

Have you guys got a spare $900k for Rocky?

But then pick 2 for Rockliff which is overs, so it balances out

Lul, if the rumblings are true we don't need Richmond to do us a 'deal' and get Rocky to band 1. So nty sir.

Old Gill will let us know which band we will get. If we can only achieve end of 1st Rd we will up our offer and keep him one would think.

I doubt that....No one is buying the rhetoric.

Brisbane will more than settle for an end of round 1 band compo, to have rid of Rocky & his 650K wage bill.

Brisbane will more than settle for an end of round 1 band compo, to have rid of Rocky & his 650K wage bill.
Says who? Every announcement from the coach says he would love to have him go on. 650k wage bill really isnt that much considering the TPP went up and a player of his calibre. Also doubt we will "more than settle" for an end of round 1 compo, considering he has been great for us this year, we dont mind either way

We will have to wait and see then. You may be right but my strong feeling is that we will retain him if we are only going to get end of 1st compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But then pick 2 for Rockliff which is overs, so it balances out

What a joke. Why bother wasting your time posting drivel in here.

There are 12 year olds making more reasoned and thoughtful posts here.

Brisbane would not need to give away a recent top 2 draft pick to convince a team to pay Rockliff.

I'm not sure how his wage bill is relevant. When you're the youngest squad in the competition with a real lack of stars in the side I highly doubt anyone would be able to pay him more than we currently could. Now the fact that we don't want to pay him that much is another thing, but capacity to pay high salaries is very low down the list of issues.

Events seem to be conspiring to get Rocky a huge pay day and Band 1 compo to Brisbane.

All clubs have nearly an extra $2m in the cap and very few potential targets to spend it on. Rocky isn't elite but he's good enough for a club to bite the bullet and offer over $700k/year. The AFL will be happy to judge it Band 1 and then knock back Brisbane's priority pick request.

Brisbane go to the draft with picks 1 and 2. If they can also do a good deal for Schache (preferably for future 1st rounders) then it's a really good offseason for a club in a parlous position.

LOL @ anyone bringing up Schache. He has his own thread for not leaving.

The Lions aren't going to give Schache away for peanuts because they get overs for Rockliff via FA compo.

I hope he stays. The Lions are still very inexperienced and Beams has bit of the Bruce Reids about him. Take both those two out of the midfield and they get flogged each week.

Events seem to be conspiring to get Rocky a huge pay day and Band 1 compo to Brisbane.

All clubs have nearly an extra $2m in the cap and very few potential targets to spend it on. Rocky isn't elite but he's good enough for a club to bite the bullet and offer over $700k/year. The AFL will be happy to judge it Band 1 and then knock back Brisbane's priority pick request.

Brisbane go to the draft with picks 1 and 2. If they can also do a good deal for Schache (preferably for future 1st rounders) then it's a really good offseason for a club in a parlous position.

Would you say it's all coming up Rockliff?

Have you guys got a spare $900k for Rocky?
That I'm not sure of. But we went very hard at him last year behind the scenes, so I'm thinking we will go again, hence the Rockliff/Schache combo suggestion.

Rocky is worth more this year and we don't need him so badly, so its probably more likely that a club like Carlton will outbid us.

Why do the people on the so called experts on the footy shows keep saying that Brisbane will get something for Rockliffe? One of them even mentioned that Carlton would give up Gibbs to get Rockliffe as a 3 way trade to include Charlie Cameron?? Surely they can not be so incompetent that they haven't realised he is a free agent.

Surely they can not be so incompetent that they haven't realised he is a free agent.

And a restricted free agent as well. Brisbane has the option of matching any bid, which would then force the bidding club into a trade, or alternatively a re-signing with the Lions or entry into the draft.

Why do the people on the so called experts on the footy shows keep saying that Brisbane will get something for Rockliffe? One of them even mentioned that Carlton would give up Gibbs to get Rockliffe as a 3 way trade to include Charlie Cameron?? Surely they can not be so incompetent that they haven't realised he is a free agent.
He is a RFA.
Lions don't want to poor compo pick for him so will match forcing a trade. Hence they either get Band 1 compo or a decent player/pick back in return

I'm sure brissy wouldn't match. He wouldn't be worth anymore than the compensation pick they'd receive If they didn't match.
Don't think anyone is yet to match since free agency has started

On E6853 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide made it clear they would match for Dangerfield ensuring that Geelong had to give up adequate compensation. I am not sure the interest in Rockliffe would be that strong if a club had to give up a lot to get him. Carlton would probably offer him an extra $100k if we didnt have to give up anything, but if he costs us a 1st round pick i doubt we would be interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back