Tom Rockliff

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more than comfortable with the continued development of William Drew and don't want Rockliff anywhere near the side come finals time especially off a limited preparation.
Rockliff in my opinion is like Hartlett for which they both have deficiencies and that will be exposed in a tight final. For mine their best chance for a flag was 2020 for which neither of them played well against Richmond, its unfortunate but it is the reality.
I'd try and trade Rockliff at the end of the year just to free up some cap space.

I wouldn't offer Rocky another contract could take goldsack role .
Would be between him and Hartlett for the sanfl role.

I wouldn't offer Rocky another contract could take goldsack role .
Would be between him and Hartlett for the sanfl role.

I’d give another year to Rocky without any worries at all. He may not play a lot of AFL but he might. Our midfield depth is poor. God help us if Ollie broke down. Rocky is an outstanding leader and mentor we want him hanging around and he’s still better than the sanfl role.

Rockliff > Hammer. Hammer is poor at SANFL level. Rockliff if fit, can rack up 40 touches and still be depth. Especially if we fail to land a big fish at the trade period.

Again, it depends on his fitness. If all goes well in his recovery and we offer him a 1 year 200k+ deal, I reckon he takes it.

Rockliff > Hammer. Hammer is poor at SANFL level. Rockliff if fit, can rack up 40 touches and still be depth. Especially if we fail to land a big fish at the trade period.

Again, it depends on his fitness. If all goes well in his recovery and we offer him a 1 year 200k+ deal, I reckon he takes it.
Absolutely he would. Because he ain’t getting 200k in the real world

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s see how fast old Rocklegs can run before we start offering him a 2022 contract. I suspect he’s cooked, because if he wasn’t he surely got game time this season pre-injury.

If this year shows us one thing, it's the value of depth. Rocky was very good last year and let's face it, it's not like he's got any pace or athleticism to lose as he ages. Costs us nothing to keep him as depth, plus he seems good for culture and leadership around the club.

If this year shows us one thing, it's the value of depth. Rocky was very good last year and let's face it, it's not like he's got any pace or athleticism to lose as he ages. Costs us nothing to keep him as depth, plus he seems good for culture and leadership around the club.

Costs us a list spot [in a period of time with smaller lists] and salary cap. If Ken wouldn't pick him this season I don't want him clogging our list in 2022. This is why the veterans list spots were a good idea I thought, as it allowed clubs to prolong the careers of players they might otherwise be inclined to ditch.

C'mon, this guy has his flaws & is nearing the end of his career, but uninjured he is easily AFL standard and above. This year has shown that we need a deep list. We were well set to cover two or three injuries, but 8 of our best players injured, and having to be covered by young developing players has killed our year so far. Its imperative we have some strong experienced depth, not just kids.

If Rocky is fit and wants to play on, then you just have to give him another year.

C'mon, this guy has his flaws & is nearing the end of his career, but uninjured he is easily AFL standard and above. This year has shown that we need a deep list. We were well set to cover two or three injuries, but 6 of our best players injured, and having to be covered by young developing players has killed our year so far. Its imperative we have some strong experienced depth, not just kids.

If Rocky is fit and wants to play on, then you just have to give him another year.
Yep he’s great depth, seems like he loves the club and good for culture and I doubt he’d cost much in terms of money to re-sign. Absolute no brainer to give another year.

C'mon, this guy has his flaws & is nearing the end of his career, but uninjured he is easily AFL standard and above. This year has shown that we need a deep list. We were well set to cover two or three injuries, but 8 of our best players injured, and having to be covered by young developing players has killed our year so far. Its imperative we have some strong experienced depth, not just kids.

Uninjured he wasn't AFL standard according to Stinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back