Traded Tom Scully [traded to Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick]

A good get for the Hawks.

Not sure why all the melts, Hawks are willing to go through the long game and get his ankle right again. The pick is spot on for someone who needs time to get his body right. If he gets back his running game then success, if not then not much lost for a late pick.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
This article by McGowan on the AFL website is so nauseatingly up Hawthorn's arse I think I'm bulaemic after reading it

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Disappointed to lose Scully and I thought he would end his career at the club and I would have been happy to say goodbye to Patton rather than Scully but maybe Scully wanted to go back to Melbourne for family reasons as well as for the game.
The trade is something of a joke and I am sure McCartney didn't have much to bargain with to reach a better deal
The club could even have tried to upgrade one of #43/47/52 to the Hawks #35 which would have been a better result but maybe the club is ok with its later selections and is just trying to work up its 2nd rounder #25 with Lobb for Freos #11
Overall i think he will be a good pick up for the Hawks and should hopefully be back on the park in the second half of 2019

Where was this outrage when Lewis was traded to Melbourne for a 3rd round upgrade on a 3 year deal?
Different situation, Clarkson did the dirty on him then had to oblige and let him go, no?
No reason for outrage on Scully, good on the Hawks for backing themselves in, potentially a great get, and GWS went into this with their eyes open.
Hawks very good at spotting value options, have to admire it. Won't always work, but they give themselves every chance to make it work.

Spook

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2003
Top of the pile looking down
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Claremont

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Nah, if you are getting paid 500k to kick a piece of leather around, you can go where you are told.

Contracted players should be able to be traded as required for the remainder of that contract, like in the states. If that was the case you would have had a additional 9 Victorian club competing for his remaining contract...... He wouldn't have gone for a 4th rounder.

trade, just like the guys you listed. How much did Kennedy cost again. You did alright

And Buddy, his manager and probably Sydney played GWS like a fiddle

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Different situation, Clarkson did the dirty on him then had to oblige and let him go, no?
No reason for outrage on Scully, good on the Hawks for backing themselves in, potentially a great get, and GWS went into this with their eyes open.
Hawks very good at spotting value options, have to admire it. Won't always work, but they give themselves every chance to make it work.

Yep, everyone’s happy when Hawthorn trades turn pear shaped. Is that how the rule will be framed?

A good get for the Hawks.

Not sure why all the melts, Hawks are willing to go through the long game and get his ankle right again. The pick is spot on for someone who needs time to get his body right. If he gets back his running game then success, if not then not much lost for a late pick.

I can't believe this rational post came from an Essendon supporter! :eek:

No tomorrow we'll be announcing Brad Green is still not a premiership player.

So he has joined twitter to become well a twat Bradley.

But he has joined other twats (Del Santo, Luke Darcy etc) at twitter who made themselves the biggest twats of twitter. (Which is equal to a premiership allegedly on twitter.)

So he'll have some sort of an alleged reunion each year... with Twats.

Hint Brad that's why Clarko took Cameron Bruce not you.

You have a flag?

Tbone McGraw

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 9, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sometimes there are win/win trades. Sometimes it is hard to tell who wins a trade.

This might be the most one sided trade ever. Even if Scully never plays again, their 4th Rd may not have either.

I have no idea what is going on at GWS.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sometimes there are win/win trades. Sometimes it is hard to tell who wins a trade.

This might be the most one sided trade ever. Even if Scully never plays again, their 4th Rd may not have either.

I have no idea what is going on at GWS.
It's called a salary cap dump and it will become more common with the introduction of free agency.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Change the filter to career rather than current season. Just have a look at games played and finals won.

"Polec IS better than Smith", refers to present tense.

Of course, anyone that brings up premierships when comparing players, is seriously struggling to score points, as that logic infers the Bob Skilton was inferior to Jack Graham.

Hawks win trade week again

Careful, some of them will actually believe you.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

Despite what Kane Cornes thinks, you can’t legislate for ‘different situations’

Yep, everyone’s happy when Hawthorn trades turn pear shaped. Is that how the rule will be framed?
Hawks can't be blamed for being a professional outfit and for having a good reputation in terms of injury management, it's a reputation they've earned.
What would help clubs losing players at first blush is to look to redress the current player / club power imbalance, though, where players nominate destinations and clubs' hands are effectively tied, is to allow players to be traded without consent.
Allows clubs losing players to at least extract better value in some cases. Unlikely to happen, I guess.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hawks can't be blamed for being a professional outfit and for having a good reputation in terms of injury management, it's a reputation they've earned.
What would help clubs losing players at first blush is to look to redress the current player / club power imbalance, though, where players nominate destinations and clubs' hands are effectively tied, is to allow players to be traded without consent.
Allows clubs losing players to at least extract better value in some cases. Unlikely to happen, I guess.
If you injured surely your manager's first call is to the Hawks.

"Polec IS better than Smith", refers to present tense.

Of course, anyone that brings up premierships when comparing players, is seriously struggling to score points, as that logic infers the Bob Skilton was inferior to Jack Graham.

Careful, some of them will actually believe you.

What about Goals, do you like your wingmen to kicking goals?
Or is that just another metric only people who are seriously struggling to score points use. Pun Intended

Rich

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Plugger AFL rort for the good of the game. I agree it shouldn't have happened.

Buddy - FA
Spider - trade
hall - trade

Ill happily swap the structural advantages Victorian clubs have for COLA.

You were a Victorian club but decided to piss off for cash and the dodgy doctor.

How many more goes at it do you want?

Back