Traded Tom Scully [traded to Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrett put it on the table Monday as a possible.

Funnily enough I think the club that should pursue him hardest is Melbourne...

Why?

He's on like 500k, trading him does f*** all to relieve the salary cap pressure.

Far better off keeping him.
yeah but what is his fat old man on aswell?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ralph wrote this today.
6dd6744604a32b160f8e2bca36c85da5.jpg
8583b1870f0b24c78835c64493e8a728.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

:DI get that. Frankly not much wrong with our inside mids anyway, but better is better. Scully's a rare player and very hard to replace though. Few AFL players can run all game as hard and fast as he does.
We've been using Kelly in his wing role, but it's a stop gap.

Seems so.

But have heard that some Giants fans think he may want out.

So not killing the thread like some think Giants fans do, just providing info.

It’s a weird situation for you guys. A mil is a lot to clear but the problem is who to do it with. You could go a Shiel but can you replace him? Or you could unload, say, Scully and a Kennedy type and lose far less in quality.

I feel that although he is valuable, Scully is replaceable for you. Kelly has been mentioned but I would just as likely say Whitfield once he is freed off a HBF.

It’s a weird situation for you guys. A mil is a lot to clear but the problem is who to do it with. You could go a Shiel but can you replace him? Or you could unload, say, Scully and a Kennedy type and lose far less in quality.

I feel that although he is valuable, Scully is replaceable for you. Kelly has been mentioned but I would just as likely say Whitfield once he is freed off a HBF.
If, and it's a big if, that number is correct.

We have a few old times that could clear the decks that are on ok money.

Yeah but to clear them you need to dump it on another team. No one is picking up a Griffen or a Lids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but to clear them you need to dump it on another team. No one is picking up a Griffen or a Lids.
Naah we don't
Griffen currently diesn't have a contract for next year. With Deledios injury problems wouldn't be a stretch for him to retire injured. He may intend that, who knows.

If it was a choice of retaining Scully or Shiel .....surely you'd try & retain Shiel as a preference?

Our guys take it in turns to do "Monday Morning
Lets just say, for discussion purposes, you do have a salary cap issue ...and have to choose between Skully & Shiel
I dont accept the premise but they're not comparable.
Shiel is very much a hybrid mid, this year playing mostly outside, a handball iff the contest. Very useful in and under to win clearances if necessary, or as a variation. In previous years Shiel has been on a par with Ward and Coniglio in winning clearances.
Scully is an outside player who has a rare ability to run hard and fast all game. Without him Kelly has been filling in as a winger but that doesn't fully utilise his skillset.
Cant see us losing either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back