Traded Tom Scully [traded to Hawthorn for a future fourth round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It was a win-win trade.

It is only salty Melbourne fans and obsessed Essendon fans making complaints.

GWS wanted his salary gone and did not think he would get up.

Hawthorn backed themselves in and his salary won't hurt them in the long run.

If he does not play Hawthorn have lost nothing. If he comes good, even if it takes till 2020 then Hawthorn gain something huge.

Definite win win. Not without risk but both clubs know what they stand to gain/lose.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was a win-win trade.

It is only salty Melbourne fans and obsessed Essendon fans making complaints.

GWS wanted his salary gone and did not think he would get up.

Hawthorn backed themselves in and his salary won't hurt them in the long run.

If he does not play Hawthorn have lost nothing. If he comes good, even if it takes till 2020 then Hawthorn gain something huge.

Haven't seen a single Melbourne fan actually be mad about this trade.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
LOL... Scully is a gun. How he’s worth a future fourth round pick is beyond me. If he plays this year - it should be investigated.

Maybe wait to see if his ankle doesn't swell up once he pushes it to the max, before prematurely melting all over the shop.

Scully was cap-relief, once the final dregs of Cola & the GWS newbie concessions, finally washed away for good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
LOL... Scully is a gun. How he’s worth a future fourth round pick is beyond me. If he plays this year - it should be investigated.

Why?

GWS were unsure he would ever make it back and needed the cap room.

Hawthorn had the cap room and were willing to take the risk on him playing again.

If they get him back on the field earlier than expected then good on them and good on Scully for being a top notch pro in his rehab.

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lets see him get back to senior level before we get too excited, their fitness staff haven't managed to get Birchall back on the park since 2017

If he can return to his peak level performance of 2017 then the Hawks have got themselves a bargain, if not they'll have a $500,000 per season millstone around their neck.

Either way got to hand it to the Hawks for pulling this trade off, high risk, high reward

Great get for Hawthorn. I think the condition of his ankle is being overplayed.

I don’t understand the outrage. If GWS and Hawthorn are happy with the trade, then so be it.
I suspect so. Salary cap relief first and foremost.

Named for Saturday

MadMaxx

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2003
Shelbyville
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
If he plays this year - it should be investigated.

david-suchet.jpg

Back