yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
great fella.
always with a big smile on his face & great with the young supporters especially.
could be a moneyball type pickup & only wish him the best.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Off to a good start. Ex Freo players always do well on arrival. De Boer and Mzungu were top 4 in the 3k when they arrived.

Certainly seems to have a great attitude
The former Docker told AFL.com.au that although there's plenty of hard work to be done before next year, he was keen to start the season strongly. "It was definitely a statement, it's all about earning respect," he said. "That’s what I told (GWS list manager) Jason McCartney and Leon (Cameron) when I first met with them, if I was lucky enough to get an opportunity (with the Giants) I'd come in and work hard to write my own story. "I'd done my program over the break and ran some good times, so it was just about proving it to everyone else."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-19/its-all-about-earning-respect-new-giant-blitzes-time-trial

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Hyacinth-Bucket-talking-to-Sheridan-on-her-white-slimline-with-automatic-redial.jpg

I have to admit, i was keen on Carlton recruiting Tommy Boy so I could do my best Mrs Bucket/Bouquet impersonation in the outer at Carlton games. ☺☺☺

Think he is a pretty good depth recruit for GWS, hope he does well up there.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has some talent but if there was a more petrified Freo player than him I can't remember them

If your ever trying to find him on the field he'll be the bloke tagging the boundary umpire

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I remember a pre-season game v Carlton I think at Etihad. Maybe third pre-season in. Ball came onto the wing and he went to jump for it and just froze, balled, and stiffened right up and the Blues player (yes, a Carlton player in 2014) realised this early and literally plunked the ball out the air. It was cringeworthy. The Freo board proceeded to say how he was actually hell tough and a real mongrel... right...

As for the posts in here like 'isn't he a half back?' well the issue is he isn't anything. Eighty games into a career and he has no position. There are guys who are actually very good and can play full back or full forward, or anywhere in the midfield and half back lines, but then there are guys who just aren't very good anywhere. He was trialled as a half back, half forward, winger, and he never actually looked any good anywhere.

The other thing is, he could run a lot but not hard.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
He actually did well until Stevie J took his spot. Seemed to go backwards quickly when that happened.
Palmer had a great first season in the comp but it was obvious then that he couldn't kick. I used to cringe. He was good as a ruck rover, getting into the bottom of packs, finding space, doling out handballs but as soon as he kicked... sheesh. Other clubs got onto this in season two and he disintegrated with any attention and being made to kick.

I didn't watch much Giants footy early on but yeah, he had that good year and a half a while back. He was kicking bullshit goals from the pocket, doing some smart things leading out of the midfield. Then he stalled.

For a top 3 or whatever pick he was pretty ******* rubbish but in isolation – couldn't kick, wasn't that fast, short, didn't have any mark – he did well to carve out a hundred games and to be a player for a 160-year old club.

Nowadays he spends his time masquerading as a real estate agent while teeing off against anonymous nobodies saying how 'oi shut up campaigner I have more money than you.' Bittofaflog.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Was always a pure link player, even at local level. I remember playing at game against him, and he had a shitload of the ball, but a lot of one-twos and receiving in dead-end positions. Didn’t actually win a lot of contested ball, which was supposed to be his bread-and-butter.

If he had a bigger frame he’d almost be the perfect tagger, but stronger opponents will get an early shove in and accelerate.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Palmer had a great first season in the comp but it was obvious then that he couldn't kick. I used to cringe. He was good as a ruck rover, getting into the bottom of packs, finding space, doling out handballs but as soon as he kicked... sheesh. Other clubs got onto this in season two and he disintegrated with any attention and being made to kick.

I didn't watch much Giants footy early on but yeah, he had that good year and a half a while back. He was kicking bullshit goals from the pocket, doing some smart things leading out of the midfield. Then he stalled.

For a top 3 or whatever pick he was pretty ******* rubbish but in isolation – couldn't kick, wasn't that fast, short, didn't have any mark – he did well to carve out a hundred games and to be a player for a 160-year old club.

Nowadays he spends his time masquerading as a real estate agent while teeing off against anonymous nobodies saying how 'oi shut up campaigner I have more money than you.' Bittofaflog.
My biggest issue with him was he trashed the Blues online after leaving. It didn't work but they did pay him out the last tear of his contract transferred from us.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
My biggest issue with him was he trashed the Blues online after leaving. It didn't work but they did pay him out the last tear of his contract transferred from us.
That's the least of his issues online. Guys would rag on him on instagram and a few minutes later, he'd be back having a go. And when they gave it back his retort was 'I'll just look at my massive bank account now, piss off.' Absolute child.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was always a pure link player, even at local level. I remember playing at game against him, and he had a shitload of the ball, but a lot of one-twos and receiving in dead-end positions. Didn’t actually win a lot of contested ball, which was supposed to be his bread-and-butter.

If he had a bigger frame he’d almost be the perfect tagger, but stronger opponents will get an early shove in and accelerate.
It's not just his physicality though, and being pretty thin even now, but his mental aggression. He can run and win time trials, gym tests, but as soon as he's out there he lacks any competitive spirit. He talks himself out of a lot. I mean that incident where he dropped the ball when Cyril Rioli was running after him in a prelim under the lights... unfortunately one move can completely change how you're viewed, but that one summed him right up.

For someone with ahhh, a lot of confidence, he's not a very confident footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back