Toast Tom Sheridan

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
That's interesting.
Might have saved our bacon all the rubbish going on at Essendon.
Have been watching him a little more closely after the games etc the last few weeks and he seems to be enjoying himself and appears to get on really well with the other young guys. Seems to be settled, for now at least.

Who knows, but certainly if he had one eye on Essendon, it would have become a whole lot more unattractive in recent months.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Also from the same article, but how the hell does someone two years older and who grew up on the other side of the country become your childhood idol???

Thought the same thing, which is why I place little credence on it. I could believe as a 15-16 y/o, watching Fyfe debut and be likened to Hird would catch an impressionable Tom Sheridan's attention - but childhood idol is going a bit far.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought the same thing, which is why I place little credence on it. I could believe as a 15-16 y/o, watching Fyfe debut and be likened to Hird would catch an impressionable Tom Sheridan's attention - but childhood idol is going a bit far.

Maybe he wants to be a helicopter pilot. :p Some sort of Clearwater Revival .

Kind of wondering what poor tommy has to do to get a rising star nod... A number of good games in a row and still nothing... Although I think pies fans would have rioted if their love child Grundy didnt get it this week.

To be fair when he has played well there has been some pretty exceptional performances by others especially the last two weeks by Grundy and Viney.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I heard it was self appointed.
I'm not sure in football circles you are allowed to give yourself a nickname, doesn't someone else have to make one up?

Yeah, a self-anointed nickname and the guys at Freo paid him out for it. All in good humour though. You definitely don't rock up to footy training and say "call me T-Train, boys." But like George Costanza trying to be called T-Bone...

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah, a self-anointed nickname and the guys at Freo paid him out for it. All in good humour though. You definitely don't rock up to footy training and say "call me T-Train, boys." But like George Costanza trying to be called T-Bone...

Far more simple at West Coast . If he'd gone there he would be Sherry.

Nolo180

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in time
AFL Club
Fremantle
I always thought he lacked toughness and wouldnt cut it as a running defender. Happy to be proved wrong if he keeps playing like that though. The stats say he only laid one tackle but at crucial times he put his body on the line.

Tazmania

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2007
Back in WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
He finally has a bit of size to him. He actually used his body quite well a few times last night to out-position his opponent. A few nice runs and kicked well moving it forward.
When he bowled over Picken I was sitting in the stands nearby and thought...Nice one Fyfie...then I did a double take when I saw an 11 on his back.

He's got the bulk and a bloody man bun. we're getting a team of fyfe clones...nttawwt.

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
yeah I dunno if it was the man bun or whatever, but he looked not only bigger, but taller than I recall. And seemed to want to use his bulk too. Encouraging signs.

Back