Toast Tom Stewart - 2018 All Australian!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Who was it that called him as a future captain? Because I can 100% see that as a possibility.
Could be... if he wants it. Captaincy doesn't sit well with every player. By some accounts Garry Hocking didn't like the leadership role when he was given one. I remember Matty Scarlett hoisting the 2006 pre-season cup aloft as acting captain of the night but I don't think he put his hand up for the captaincy ever again, even though he would have been a 'lock' in my book.

Wojcinski

If your dad has no beard, you've got two mums
Aug 14, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought it was overs at the time, boy was I wrong.

He'd be a lock top 10 if not top 5... the kid is verging on elite.
5th in the B&F for 2017, not bad in a preliminary final year. If he continues his current form he'd be a certainty for All-Australian in 2018. Looking at the 2016 draft, he's easily the best player as of today from that pool of players. The only thing that really drops him down the draft rankings is his age.

Actually just quietly how good did Wells do in the '16 draft, our top 3 picks (Parf, Stewart and Sav) all best 22, as is our first rookie pick (Henry).

James1970

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Could be... if he wants it. Captaincy doesn't sit well with every player. By some accounts Garry Hocking didn't like the leadership role when he was given one. I remember Matty Scarlett hoisting the 2006 pre-season cup aloft as acting captain of the night but I don't think he put his hand up for the captaincy ever again, even though he would have been a 'lock' in my book.
Let's face it, Matty was the captain of the club when the players took to the field, took to his BBQ, took to his Mad Mondays.

He just didn't need the title nor the PR stuff.

Getting to look that way in the coach's box too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Quality defender IMO. Where was he playing prior to being drafted?

Turbocat

Premium Platinum
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I did say pick 40 wasn't overs. Easily goes top 20 if that draft is re-done now.
would he go before Parfitt?

There is a lot of soft number in that 20-40 range.. it wouldn't take too much to see him jump them. 40 looks to be almost as good as the number Enright was drafted on...

Top Bottom