Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams

Pretty nasty stuff.

Our best player is probably looking at 4 weeks I'd say.

I'd say it was intentional, severe (maybe high) and then high looking at a guaranteed 3+ at the tribunal.

Stewart will likely get 3-4 weeks.

But those Richmond fans calling it a sniper act etc are off the mark.

You need to remember these incidents all take place in split seconds and at high speed.

Having seen it live and then on replay countless times, it seems to me that Tom expected Prestia to take possession of the ball. But Prestia chose not to and jumped off the ground to tap the ball to a teammate. Prestia was hit when he was still off balance which contributed to the hit being high and not shoulder to shoulder. Stewart didn’t leave the ground and had his shoulder tucked in, indicating it wasn’t a deliberate hit to the head and there was an element of poor luck for both parties in it being forcefully high.

Obviously the act was extremely poorly executed and he will deserve the suspension he gets, nobody is arguing against that, but Stewart is one of the best executors of the (legal) bump in our team and it’s exactly what he unsuccessfully tried to do here.

I can see it being graded as severe with Stewart going straight to the tribunal - thinking he'd be looking at 4 weeks on the sidelines, but if offered 3 weeks you accept it & run

His elbow is not even close to being tucked in... take off your blue and white coloured glasses.

View attachment 1433003

I know it's been a few years since i studied biology, but pretty sure that the 'shoulder' & 'elbow' are different body parts - you may want to reread what was written before ranting on an opposition board

His elbow is not even close to being tucked in... take off your blue and white coloured glasses.

View attachment 1433003

This is a split second before the contact. Stewart’s shoulder is completely tucked in. The contact was between his shoulder and Prestia’s head.

F6981EFD-A1B3-4A3D-88AE-553917527635.jpeg

It's worth 4 weeks. Anything less than 3 is insufficient for what was a really poor act, anything more than 4 is over the top though.

Herald Sun reporting this morning likely 3-4 weeks, and agree. Take three weeks and run if we get offered it, tribunal hearing would likely result in 4.

He will get 2-3 weeks not doubt as he decided to bump just unlucky 15cm lower and would have been a fair hit but the head rightly so is a protected space, Tigers fans are funny saying intentional targeting numpties deluded they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth 4 weeks. Anything less than 3 is insufficient for what was a really poor act, anything more than 4 is over the top though.
I thought it was careless rather than intentional personally …everything looks worse when slowed down and replayed frame by frame

He should had attempted a tackle and he knows that

2-3 with a early guilty plea as his feet never left the ground which is what they had been big on for the last few years with high head bumps.

He will get 2-3 weeks not doubt as he decided to bump just unlucky 15cm lower and would have been a fair hit but the head rightly so is a protected space, Tigers fans are funny saying intentional targeting numpties deluded they are.
Yeah it looked like Prestia was slipping down at that moment …incredibly unlucky as Stewart’s feet didn’t leave the ground to hit him high

Is this the first time Stewart been to the tribunal ?.

David King the flog calling for a 6 week suspension.

Tigers supporters seem to have a short memory, Cotchin's bump on Dylan Shiel.

Yeah it looked like Prestia was slipping down at that moment …incredibly unlucky as Stewart’s feet didn’t leave the ground to hit him high

Totally correct, if Prestia isn’t off balance Stewart bumps him in the shoulder or chest and it’s nothing more than a free kick. That doesn’t absolve Stewart’s culpability of course, he deserves and will get multiple weeks. But some are carrying on like this was Hall and Staker mkII which is just ridiculous.

Stewart will likely get 3-4 weeks.

But those Richmond fans calling it a sniper act etc are off the mark.

You need to remember these incidents all take place in split seconds and at high speed.

Having seen it live and then on replay countless times, it seems to me that Tom expected Prestia to take possession of the ball. But Prestia chose not to and jumped off the ground to tap the ball to a teammate. Prestia was hit when he was still off balance which contributed to the hit being high and not shoulder to shoulder. Stewart didn’t leave the ground and had his shoulder tucked in, indicating it wasn’t a deliberate hit to the head and there was an element of poor luck for both parties in it being forcefully high.

Obviously the act was extremely poorly executed and he will deserve the suspension he gets, nobody is arguing against that, but Stewart is one of the best executors of the (legal) bump in our team and it’s exactly what he unsuccessfully tried to do here.

Agreed x100.

If he goes to the tribunal, yes it will be his first time

Last year he was reported by the MRO officer & fined for wrestling Charlie Cameron during our clash with Brisbane at the GABBA

Take no notice of most things Richmond supporters say. Most of them are psychotic and should be in an asylum.

Pretty nasty stuff.

I'd say it was intentional, severe (maybe high) and then high looking at a guaranteed 3+ at the tribunal.

Just heard on the 11 o click news the AFL are looking at not counting the goal that was kicked while Prestia lay injured as the game should not of continued while he was knocked could loose four points

Pretty nasty stuff.

I thought it was careless rather than intentional personally …everything looks worse when slowed down and replayed frame by frame

He should had attempted a tackle and he knows that

2-3 with a early guilty plea as his feet never left the ground which is what they had been big on for the last few years with high head bumps.
Can't tackle a bloke who hasn't got the ball knock his head off was his only option

Houli king hitting Lamb in the same season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back