MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart - Result 4 week match suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Red card required.

Dion targeted as well IMHO. I’ve no doubt Chris Scott would have emphasised how important he is to Richmond, so when the opportunity arose… I’m not saying Chris Scott ordered a hit, just that I don’t think Stewart would’ve taken the same action against, for example, Jack Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red card required.

Dion targeted as well IMHO. I’ve no doubt Chris Scott would have emphasised how important he is to Richmond, so when the opportunity arose… I’m not saying Chris Scott ordered a hit, just that I don’t think Stewart would’ve taken the same action against, for example, Jack Ross.

Agree. Dirty coach and dirty team

Red card required.

I wouldn't mind a red card system, that is adjudicated by league HQ for clear cut cases like this, or a Barry Hall/Andrew Gaff type incident. Run it like the NFL does with video review - have an ex senior umpire or MRP chairman watch every game live, and have the power to "call it in" so that a player gets disqualified from the game.
It makes me upset every time I watch it. If AFL are serious about trying to eradicate dirty hits then it will be 5+ weeks

These sorts of hits have potential to cause long term brain issues for the player getting hit
Terrible to see him struggling to get up after the hit- I'd hate to see that happen to anyone I care about. Stewart get 3-4 weeks, but I 100% agree with you. If the AFL is really serious about sending a message to outlaw this type of act, it should be 6-8 weeks. 3 weeks is one week more than a light headbutt that doesn't risk serious neck, spinal or brain injury.

But the AFL will continue to over-penalise some actions, but come down light on the very bad incidents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back