Tomnat Tigers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Quite a few of you have been living under a rock the last two years. You bump a player and get him high you get a week in todays game, you bump a player with ball in play without little chance to react and knock him out you get at least two weeks. You choose to bump with ball out of the area with a guy in a completely vulnerable position and knock him to the point where he couldn't stand and you are getting a big whack by the tribunal. Stewart is all likelihood is looking at least 5 weeks but I wouldn't be shocked if its 6/7 even 8 weeks with the way the AFL is so strongly cracking down on the bump and the potential head injuries that can stem from them.

Im not a bitter Richmond supporter, I don't have any ill feelings to Stewarts brain snap and also don't care for how good of a bloke Stewart supposedly is, all of that means nothing with the way the game is heading. If the AFL is serious about removing the bump which from all evidence of this season is the case then Stewart will be getting a long holiday.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I don’t look at it and see it as intentional personally, it looked very very clumsy but it wouldn’t shock me if the AFL viewed it as intentional and I can see how others have come to that conclusion.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Andrew Gaff was as well; or anyone who made a honest mistake. But is should not reduce any potential suspension.

Agreed. I'm sure he is remorseful for the impact on Prestia when he probably meant to just knock him over, but the impact was severe and he'll have to wear the consequences.

Nothing more than a gut feel, but I'm guessing 3-4, which, considering it probably costs Stewart another B&F, potentially costs him another AA and will keep him sidelined against Melbourne and Carlton (and Port away, if it's four), it's hardly a slap on the wrist. Geez we could've been in deep poop if we hadn't pinched the win.

Agreed. I'm sure he is remorseful for the impact on Prestia when he probably meant to just knock him over, but the impact was severe and he'll have to wear the consequences.

Nothing more than a gut feel, but I'm guessing 3-4, which, considering it probably costs Stewart another B&F, potentially costs him another AA and will keep him sidelined against Melbourne and Carlton (and Port away, if it's four), it's hardly a slap on the wrist.

Watch it be more than 4, gut feel is they will want to make an example. For the record I don't agree but if Prestia is out for say 2-3 weeks, then Stewart probably has to get 5-6. It will depend on the medical report here how long Prestia is out for.

TheOptimum18

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Pay that one.

I agree for Richmond fans its s**t to have one of your best taken out in an important game.

But that's exactly what ol' helmet hair cotchin did in 2017. GWS were in it up to their necks until that point. And the AFL let him play the next week 🤣

Why does everyone forget the Astbury bump that happened later on in the same quarter?

TheOptimum18

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Think someone said it earlier, but Cats would argue for 3, MRO would argue 5+ and we settle on 4 weeks.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if the MRO came out with something over 6 or 7 weeks considering their apparent stance on the head being sacrosanct, but also Stewart being out for only 2 cause of the mess the tribunal is.

Think someone said it earlier, but Cats would argue for 3, MRO would argue 5+ and we settle on 4 weeks.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if the MRO came out with something over 6 or 7 weeks considering their apparent stance on the head being sacrosanct, but also Stewart being out for only 2 cause of the mess the tribunal is.

I'd be shocked if this is only 4. The AFL will want at least 6, gut feel but they will use this as a test case to go hard. Forget what Tom Jonas got a few years ago (was that 6 weeks?) but that seems reasonable. Whatever Prestia is out for, double it start from there.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Had to laugh at Chris Scott's response. Defending his player first. Did he even spare a thought for Prestia?

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is a raw 6, the intention is there to take Prestia out of the game by hitting him high after he has clearly moved the ball on, that’s enough for 4 on its own.

The fact that Prestia is concussed is another 2 weeks. I really feel for Dion and his family right now and in the future knowing that he has endured that head knock, the footage of him crawling in the trainer’s hands is scary stuff.

To me this is not far off the 2022 version of Lockett on Caven. No intention to play the ball, tucks the arm and plays the head, there needs to be consequences here.

I don’t care if he’s a good bloke or he’s sorry either, Plugger, Hall, Gaff and Lethal were all sorry after they put people’s brain into next week.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
This is a raw 6, if that comes down to 4 somehow then I don’t really care but the intention is there to take Prestia out of the game by hitting him high after he has clearly moved the ball on, that’s enough for 4 on its own.

The fact that Prestia is concussed is another 2 weeks. I really feel for Dion and his family right now and in the future knowing that he has endured that head knock, the footage of him crawling in the trainer’s hands is scary stuff.

To me this is not far off Lockett on Caven 2022. No intention to play the ball, tucks the arm and ball plays the head, there needs to be consequences here.

I don’t care if he’s a good bloke or he’s sorry either, Plugger, Hall, Gaff and Lethal were all sorry after they put people’s brain into next week.
See the last sentence. Well stewart didnt do what those 4 did. Not even close. All 4 of them put players out of the game for half a season or more with broken faces.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
See the last sentence. Well stewart didnt do what those 4 did. Not even close. All 4 of them put players out of the game for half a season or more with broken faces.
We don't know how long Prestia is out for. If it is a bad concussion it could be a month or more

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Which aint a link. scott played at brisbane and coached north. Never been at geelong.

Making decisions that will affect people to whom you are related would automatically invoke conflict of interest procedures in any organisation with sensible governance.

I am not saying Geelong or Stewart should be unfairly treated here. Just that a very normal conflict of policy procedure is used, for everybody’s benefit, including Brad and Chris Scott.

Back