MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart - Result 4 week match suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

the only delusion is thinking anyone gives a s**t about the health of prestia. if it was danger we'd be getting hourly interviews at his hospital bed.

has anyone in the media even reported how hes feeling? i dont think anyone has even asked

Is the Geelong football club and it's supporters now responsible for "the media"??? What???

lol thats all you people raise in any discussion about houli or richmond mrp matters. "yeah but but but houli hurt a guy and is a dirty thug". noone cares that he came 2nd in 2 norm smiths, could easily have won the first. noone cares that it was clearly an accident, hes just a thug emblematic of how richmond break all the rules.

but nah, stewart is a great bloke and is the real victim here.

Wizard Of Oz Rain GIF by EricaLYNN

dont be so pessimistic. will get 1-2, and an apology from prestia.
Nah don't think so.
Might also cost you a few games as well. Would have been very handy v Melbourne and Carlton especially.
Taking the four points from Richmond and going second on the ladder - we're sitting pretty and have some easy games at Kardinia Park to finish up. Top 4 is looking good, and the 'home' final isn't really relevant 'cause we'll be playing MCG most likely regardless. A nice break after that foot injury late last year isn't the worst thing in the world here.

Yes I would not lose sleep over the fact we can't bump each other when the ball is 50 meters away. In fact it may actually increase local player retention. If a player is too scared to touch the ball he shouldn't be bumped or assault out of play.

Also the high court will provide more clear sensible guidance then the AFL.
1656392392761.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd completely forgotten about the Houli incident until someone raised it in this thread to highlight the hypocrisy of some Richmond supporters. I never remembered him as a thug...far from it. And most sensible football supporters* will recognise what Stewart did as a stupid brain fade act and won't hold it against him for the rest of his AFL career.

* excludes Richmond posters
100% this. Even as a Carlton supporter (probably gives me the perfect amount of bias towards both clubs given Lamb and Silvagni incidents), I still see Houli as a fair, tough and brilliant competitor, but that one incident was without a doubt deliberate and thuggish.
Lamb was one of those niggling players who knew how to get under an opponents skin, but that doesn't make him deserving of a broken jaw/concussion.

Stewart is exactly the same as Houli. He's a fair and tough competitor who just went to bump an opponent, got there a little late and accidentally got him high.
Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it was just an unfortunate accident.
Prestia's body twists probably over 90 degrees during the tap and it leaves him in a more open and vulnerable position to the bump. Between Prestia touching the ball and Stewart making contact, Stewart takes 2 steps and doesn't even leave the ground or raise his elbow.
1656392433830.png 1656392479855.png
1656392935383.png 1656392976939.png
1656393097223.png 1656393158869.png
1656393220099.png

100% this. Even as a Carlton supporter (probably gives me the perfect amount of bias towards both clubs given Lamb and Silvagni incidents), I still see Houli as a fair, tough and brilliant competitor, but that one incident was without a doubt deliberate and thuggish.
Lamb was one of those niggling players who knew how to get under an opponents skin, but that doesn't make him deserving of a broken jaw/concussion.

Stewart is exactly the same as Houli. He's a fair and tough competitor who just went to bump an opponent, got there a little late and accidentally got him high.
Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think it was just an unfortunate accident.
Prestia's body twists probably over 90 degrees during the tap and it leaves him in a more open and vulnerable position to the bump. Between Prestia touching the ball and Stewart making contact, Stewart takes 2 steps and doesn't even leave the ground or raise his elbow.
View attachment 1435078View attachment 1435079
View attachment 1435083View attachment 1435084
View attachment 1435086View attachment 1435088
View attachment 1435089
You should be a lawyer with thorough analysis like that.

Stop trying to defend Stewart’s bump as a football action just executed wrongly. It was a brain fade of the highest order and deserves a lengthy suspension. We will find out tonight if the afl is actually serious about protecting the head.
We know they aren't, regardless of the decision.
They penalise the outcome, not the action. They're soft on jumper punches.
They encourage players to duck, raise their arm, or lead with the head because they reward it with a free kick 95% of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back