MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart - Result 4 week match suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Cue Geelong fans telling all and sundry how they’re the most suspended side in the last 10 years. Of course you ******* are when you knock-out opponents and make contact with umpires.
Yep should be like Tom Lynch do all that and get off

Actually dont care what he got. Just pissed we lost prestia for the full game while stewart won it for them with the last mark. Plus stewart will be back next time we play geelong. unfair for the tigers

It needs to be out of the game alltogether, 4 weeks won't help that happen.
AFL showed how much they care about protecting the head when they allowed Cotchin to play in the GF despite knocking Shiels senseless

It needs to be out of the game alltogether, 4 weeks won't help that happen.

Happens literally once in 3 years. It won’t happen again for a number of years. He’s remorseful and now everyone can move on.

AFL showed how much they care about protecting the head when they allowed Cotchin to play in the GF despite knocking Shiels senseless
Cotchin was going for the ball, Stewart was no where near the ball.
Stewart was trying to knock him out.

4 weeks is fair...
Agree but if he had broke his jaw he could have been looking at 8 weeks, he is a lucky boy imv.
He also jumped off the ground... and chose to bump when the ball was gone.
I know he is just lucky he did not do more damage but as you surmise the intent was to hurt him

Spoke well after. Mentioned the effects on Prestia constantly but still probably not enough for some Richmond posters
He did speak well. Took ownership of his actions, took his medicine without making measly excuses, more disappointed in himself. I think.
Spoke of his thoughts about Prestia‘s “wellness” and family. I think this shows a degree of remorse knowing it wasn’t just Prestia who was affected but his family as well.

I admit I was and still am a bit filthy about Prestia’s injury first and foremost, and how it impacted on the game but it’s done and dusted. Stewart has been penalised.
Still to get any update on Dion’s current state, apart from there being no facial fractures. I hope he’s back up and running in the next couple of weeks and has no lingering after effects

Happens literally once in 3 years. It won’t happen again for a number of years. He’s remorseful and now everyone can move on.
If he was remorseful he would stand himself out for an extra 2 weeks.
He's remorseful to his teamates for missing games.

If he was remorseful he would stand himself out for an extra 2 weeks.
He's remorseful to his teamates for missing games.

I assume you wanted Cotchin suspended for the grand final right you know head and everything…

You are wanting the bloke to be suspended forever not going to happen.

Edited for accuracy.

The Houli incident, while different, is very similar in a lot of ways.

Stewart is viewed by most reasonable neutral supporters as a class act. A fair but tough player, who pretty much always plays the ball.
The Stewart incident was on ball, in play. Prestia had just tapped it less than a second before the bump. The ball was maybe 5m away. A bump 5m off the ball is a fair play, a football act. Stewart took 2 steps between Prestia tapping the ball and contact. If Prestia had taken possession of the ball instead of tapping, Stewart's timing would've been perfect to give him a hip and shoulder that might have caused the ball to spill free. Prestia's arms might have been tucked in closer to his body, leaving him in a less vulnerable position, and the bump might have just been a normal bump.

The calls of this being a deliberate dog act and the worst thing since Hall hit Staker, are just ludicrous and quite frankly, insulting to Jed Lamb.

Houli was viewed by most reasonable neutral supporters as a class act. A fair but tough player, who pretty much always plays the ball.
The Houli incident was off the ball, out of play. Admittedly, Lamb was scragging Houli and trying to check his run. It perhaps could've, or should've been a holding free. That kind of stuff happens hundreds of times a weekend and misses being called almost just as often. Rarely does a player lash out like Houli did with a swinging arm at head height, nor does a missed free deserve such reaction.
If you rewatch that incident, as I have today, after putting his arms out to try and draw the umpire's attention to the free, Houli does a headcheck in Lamb's direction, before letting loose with a backwards swinging armbar at head height. At the point of impact, Houli is looking directly at Lamb. A swinging arm to the head, 15m+ off the ball is NOT a football act. It is also not an accident.
Houli isn't a thug, but his actions on that day were a thug act. I have no doubt that Houli didn't want to break Lamb's jaw, or give him concussion, but he most certainly intended to hit him.

Now compare the reactions in here of Richmond supporters to both incidents. It is massively disproportionate.
Houli is a great bloke who does amazing things in the community, who was justified for accidentally hitting someone who was holding him.
Stewart is a thug who committed a dog act and left Prestia dead on the ground (I wish I was making that last bit up, but it was actually said).
😂😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Chris Scott handing out photos of Stewart hand feeding orphans in his spare time didn't get him off.

Four was my gut feel when I saw it and it’s probably right in the end. Would have liked the AFL to at least try for five though

I assume you wanted Cotchin suspended for the grand final right you know head and everything…

You are wanting the bloke to be suspended forever not going to happen.
Why are you talking about a Cotchin incident from 4 years ago that had zero similarities?
Wait until tomorow to hear what the medical community has to say.

Things have changed regarding concussion with all the new evidence and the AFL/Brad Scott/Geelong are delaying serious changes to help Stewart.
It was time to set a precedent but they failed to.
If I hear one more time that Stewart is a top bloke I'll spew up.
The truth is he is a dirty sniper who knocked out a little bloke off the ball.

He's a top bloke.

Again, this is horseahite.

Shiel contest with Cotchin happenex with 14:32 left on the clock in the first quarter.

Shiel played on AND kicked the VERY next goal of the game.

Shiel played the entirety of the 1st quarter and was involved in another heavy collision with Astbury with 10 seconds left of the quarter.

So, IF Cotchin DID concuss Shiel in that hit as you claim, it must mean one of 4 things:

1: The Giants doctors did not do a concussion test on Shiel at all and felt he was right to play.

2: The Giants doctors did a test, ignored Shiel's results and sent him back on to play.

3: The doctors did not wait long enough to observe any delayed onset symptoms which put Shiel at even more risk

All 3 are gross negligence grounds against the GWS doctors.

Cause its a Richmond player obviously. A Richmond player making physical contact is suspension worthy
But Stewart's a Geelong player and he just got a suspension for making physical contact with a protected Richmond player? This is all really confusing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back