Votes: 14 4.9%

Votes: 85 30.0%

Votes: 57 20.1%

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 45 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you need to chill out, be better than geelong supporters.

We dont need to wish injuries on anyone or hope someone evens it up.

Just be content in the fact we win when it really matters.

Also the thread is about Stewart and Prestia

I'll tell you what my wife said, she was all for him getting a minimum of 4 weeks, more like 6. But seeing him after the tribunal hearing last night how humble he was and that he accepted the penalty and hoped that Dion and his family are okay. He could have just walked out with the usual no comment, in other words he seemed genuinly remorseful, we both now think that 4 weeks is about right.
Only remorseful because he got caught and knocked out Dion. 4 weeks is bullshit and not enough. If it was the other way around Richmond player would be publicly executed. Fact

Spot on, should have gotten 6 minimum imo as it should have been graded intentional.
Toby Greene gets 6 for a very minor and non malicious contact with an umpire and Stewart gets 4? I know which incident I think caused more damage to the games reputation and the respective victim in each incident. It’s just a total farce the way they adjudicate on these incidents
Checks out.

What I believe:

1. Stewart was genuinely remorseful.
2. On balance 4 x weeks was only just acceptable, but given he’s a clean skin etc… I can stomach 4.
3. He wasn’t sent out to knock out Prestia

What makes me furious and convinced of a level of corruption:

1. The AFL starting 4 x weeks as the ‘outside’ penalty.
2. The bump being graded careless. It wasn’t a bump, it was a bicep/elbow to the head.
3. Umpires too dumb and corrupt to stop the game despite multiple marks being taken and the ball going over Prestia’s head multiple times.

And this is the ultimate kicker….:

4. The AFL ticking off the decision to not stop play as the correct decision, despite all evidence pointing to it being absolutely wrong on every level….. the AFL managed to say this with a straight face.

They treat us all like absolute fools. No self awareness of how AFL ‘headquarters’ is thought of by the average footy fan… they want to know where crowds are going, but they didn’t include in their crowd survey the option of : “The AFL is a tone deaf bunch of hypocrites too focussed on woke political agendas, with no idea of what makes the public’s love of the game tick” …. This option would get 80% of the vote.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

frankly some of the stuff on this board & other places is embarrassing. even had some geezer on radio claiming he was a couple of metres away - which means he was on the ground - & saw stewart deliberately elbow dion. does he not know there is mountains of vision which shows that’s hogwash. watch jack on afl360 last night 4 a calm reasonable assessment.

stewart will miss 4, 3 of which r crucial which may well cost geelong when it comes 2 the finishing order & could even cost them a finals berth.

What I believe:

2. On balance 4 x weeks was only just acceptable, but given he’s a clean skin etc… I can stomach 4.

2. The bump being graded careless. It wasn’t a bump, it was a bicep/elbow to the head.
3. Umpires too dumb and corrupt to stop the game despite multiple marks being taken and the ball going over Prestia’s head multiple times.

4. The AFL ticking off the decision to not stop play as the correct decision, despite all evidence pointing to it being absolutely wrong on every level….. the AFL managed to say this with a straight face.

They treat us all like absolute fools. No self awareness of how AFL ‘headquarters’ is thought of by the average footy fan… they want to know where crowds are going, but they didn’t include in their crowd survey the option of : “The AFL is a tone deaf bunch of hypocrites too focussed on woke political agendas, with no idea of what makes the public’s love of the game tick” …. This option would get 80% of the vote.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
good post. the decision 2 not stop play was appalling. jack was very pointed on that point on afl360 last night.

What I believe:

Basically I said the first part, he was remorseful and could have just walked away with no comment, and even challenged the penalty.

Number 4 is right on, the look on Gary Lyon's face when they showed how the ball was kicked over Prestia laying on the ground not once but twice, as it was reported that the ball was not near him at the time, was priceless and shows how corrupt and out of touch with reality the AFL is.

Last edited:
Tom Stewart lining prestia up from the wing. I hope Dion is okay, one of my favourite players and a very important cog in our engine room.

Attachments

• mark_wahlberg_shooter_movie_image__4_.jpg
    mark_wahlberg_shooter_movie_image__4_.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 36

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingy is right about a lot of this issue funnily enough. Gradings need a hard line description and I know the below (because I am awesome and always right) is the best way to grade it.

Careless - an action will be graded as careless so long as the action, if executed correctly, would be deemed legal by the rules of the AFL. For example Dangerfield's bump against the Adelaide player would be deemed as careless. His bump would be legal as it was in the play. This would also cover Cameron when he sent Andrews into next week.

Intentional - an action will be graded as intentional when the action, absent of high or prohibitive contact, would be deemed as an illegal action under the rules of the AFL. This would cover Stewart's bump, Houli smashing some Lamb, Ablett's bumper bars.

I feel that there should be a distinction that is lacking in the system where you can get the same level of suspension if you go for the ball hard to someone who bumps someone off the ball.

Kingy is right about a lot of this issue funnily enough. Gradings need a hard line description and I know the below (because I am awesome and always right) is the best way to grade it.

Careless - an action will be graded as careless so long as the action, if executed correctly, would be deemed legal by the rules of the AFL. For example Dangerfield's bump against the Adelaide player would be deemed as careless. His bump would be legal as it was in the play. This would also cover Cameron when he sent Andrews into next week.

Intentional - an action will be graded as intentional when the action, absent of high or prohibitive contact, would be deemed as an illegal action under the rules of the AFL. This would cover Stewart's bump, Houli smashing some Lamb, Ablett's bumper bars.

I feel that there should be a distinction that is lacking in the system where you can get the same level of suspension if you go for the ball hard to someone who bumps someone off the ball.
Funnily enough I’m pretty sure Cameron’s hit on Andrew’s was graded as intentional.

Happy to see this shitbag lining up against us in Sept and Im sure there will be some long memories reagarding his conduct this week
Was calling Stewart a dog all week.But with the dust somewhat settled with his action I accept his remorseful response.I believe he went out to make prestia earn his footy and got it wrong.
What I will never forgive is his captains response at QTR time and the scum of of a coach with his condescending response post match.
Both can go * themselves.

Balmey reckons Stewart hard done by. But then he reckons you should get no weeks for decking oppo players. Not overly happy with suggestions of send-off rule either.

Not happy with this bit:

Balme indicated Prestia could only miss one game.
“He’s fine. I don’t think there’s too many long term issues with him,” Balme said.

It's not correct - Prestia has already missed almost one full game + this week as well....

Balmey reckons Stewart hard done by. But then he reckons you should get no weeks for decking oppo players. Not overly happy with suggestions of send-off rule either.

Problem with balmey.
He has a foot in each club.

Problem with balmey.
He has a foot in each club.
Na think he’s just old school
Played when the game was very different and acts like that wouldn’t of even been looked at and Prestia probably comes back on field after a stint on the bench

Played when the game was very different and acts like that wouldn’t of even been looked at and Prestia probably comes back on field after a stint on the bench
True.

I DONT A FLYING F how many weeks he gets.......

Everyone in the media is half asleep on this hit.

IT was a pure snipe to hurt, nothing less. and that clown duckwood congratulates him on the job.

should be...

When a player gets knocked out intentionaly --ei he gets hit or bumped high and gets concussed it should be....

1) two free shots at goal from 25 out directly infront.
2) the offending player gets taken from the ground.

You want umpires having more influence on the game?

Who decides if it was intentional or not?

A send off rule exists in lower leagues they change the rules often enough in AFL why not add it but it shouldn't be in the umpires hands let it get reviewed centrally and the 4th umpire gets a message at the next stop in play they card the bloke but only in situations such as this.

We can't be letting the clowns umpiring the game be making decisions like that when they can't even get basic decisions correct

Pretty silly stance today with all the medical evidence on long term effects of concussion. Smoking was popular in the 70s.

You want umpires having more influence on the game?

Who decides if it was intentional or not?

A send off rule exists in lower leagues they change the rules often enough in AFL why not add it but it shouldn't be in the umpires hands let it get reviewed centrally and the 4th umpire gets a message at the next stop in play they card the bloke but only in situations such as this.

We can't be letting the clowns umpiring the game be making decisions like that when they can't even get basic decisions correct
Agree - my opinion - for what it is worth...

I really did not have an opinion on this until this weekend but after what happened, the disadvantage to one side if a guy blatantly takes out a player from the other team - which totally advantages the team of the offending player, then as there is no other restitution on the day, have "the bunker" review it and make the call as soon as practical.

NO ONE seeing the replay from Saturday would have thought that Stewart would have had any defence and was going to get weeks and therefore needed to be 'subbed' out asap to at least try and balance the game on hand.

Let the beaks argue the pro's and con's at the tribunal after and ultimately punish the offender.

Back