Votes: 14 4.9%

Votes: 85 30.0%

Votes: 57 20.1%

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 45 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you need to chill out, be better than geelong supporters.

We dont need to wish injuries on anyone or hope someone evens it up.

Just be content in the fact we win when it really matters.

Also the thread is about Stewart and Prestia

I watched Chris Scott’s presser. I must have missed the bit where he expressed concern for Prestia’s well-being and wished him a full and quick recovery.

All I heard was ‘Stewart is a great bloke. Stewart is remorseful. Stewart is a great character and someone I’ll forever remember coaching’ …. Blah blah blah. What about ‘We are seriously worried about Prestia’s health and ours and Tom’s main concern is he makes a full recovery’

Chris Scott’s presser was 100% about minimising his suspension by ensuring he gets the 1 x week ‘good bloke’ discount. It makes me nauseous when he acts all high and mighty and gracious that they’ll accept the penalty … of course they bl#*dy will …. it’s hardly something you can contest.

This years GF will be interesting. Geelong secure likely top-4 by knocking out our best player. They almost secured a Premiership by doing the same thing to Vlastuin. With the new concussion rules, why wouldn’t a team try to take out a couple of oppo prime movers early on the game? Who cares if a couple of players get weeks …. Stewart will get 5-6 but they’ve got the 4 points - do you really think Chris Scott or Cats supporters care one little bit now about Prestia getting KO’d?

If we were in a GF under new concussion rules I’d instruct dispensable players like Soldo, Pickett, Macca or retiring players to take any available opportunity to iron out the oppo’s best players. Try to do it fairly with arm tucked in … but if you take some chin then we can play the ‘a bump went a little bit wrong’ card and celebrate another flag.

A team will do this … win a flag … then the AFL will bring in a sin bin - they are always reactionary and you can get a flag in the meantime. Just make sure you’re the team not on the receiving end.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I watched Chris Scott’s presser. I must have missed the bit where he expressed concern for Prestia’s well-being and wished him a full and quick recovery.

All I heard was ‘Stewart is a great bloke. Stewart is remorseful. Stewart is a great character and someone I’ll forever remember coaching’ …. Blah blah blah. What about ‘We are seriously worried about Prestia’s health and ours and Tom’s main concern is he makes a full recovery’

Chris Scott’s presser was 100% about minimising his suspension by ensuring he gets the 1 x week ‘good bloke’ discount. It makes me nauseous when he acts all high and mighty and gracious that they’ll accept the penalty … of course they bl#*dy will …. it’s hardly something you can contest.
Spot on.

That's twice Geelong players have laid out Richmond players with head high hits and twice that nobody from GFC has shown an ounce of concern for the injured player.

I allow that the incidents might have been accidental but I can only account for the lack of concern by suggesting that GFC is coached by a bloke who is a complete and utter p*1*k. No wonder the playing group is such a bunch of self-absorbed ar@3hats. They get it from the coach.

Pathetic club. Not because of what their players did. But because of what they didn't do when they had every opportunity to do it.

If the afl want to change rules consistently how about they introduce a sin bin rule.
Umps would have half the Richmond team off by half time.

Last edited:

This years GF will be interesting. Geelong secure likely top-4 by knocking out our best player. They almost secured a Premiership by doing the same thing to Vlastuin. With the new concussion rules, why wouldn’t a team try to take out a couple of oppo prime movers early on the game? Who cares if a couple of players get weeks …. Stewart will get 5-6 but they’ve got the 4 points - do you really think Chris Scott or Cats supporters care one little bit now about Prestia getting KO’d?

If we were in a GF under new concussion rules I’d instruct dispensable players like Soldo, Pickett, Macca or retiring players to take any available opportunity to iron out the oppo’s best players. Try to do it fairly with arm tucked in … but if you take some chin then we can play the ‘a bump went a little bit wrong’ card and celebrate another flag.

A team will do this … win a flag … then the AFL will bring in a sin bin - they are always reactionary and you can get a flag in the meantime. Just make sure you’re the team not on the receiving end.

Let’s get one thing straight , Tom Stewart is a dead set campaigner and anyone who thinks he deserves less than 6w is an even bigger one , there I said it

Last edited:

We don’t want to go down this road. I for one wouldn’t want to support a team that did this - even to try and make a point. I want to win on merit, not feel like a victory is hollow by deliberately harming oppo player’s and their careers. I hate injuries to any AFL player from any club. They have a limited career span and I wish them all to have a fair crack at it.

Cats board comparing Stewart’s hit on Prestia to Houli‘s “coward punch” on Lamb and (wait for it) Cotchin and Shiel.
And they have the gall to cast dispersions on some of our posters on our board.
Houli wasnt looking when he recklessly lashed his arm backwards ,,,Stewart can’t make the same defence , the campaigner lined him up

Cats board comparing Stewart’s hit on Prestia to Houli‘s “coward punch” on Lamb and (wait for it) Cotchin and Shiel.
And they have the gall to cast dispersions on some of our posters on our board.
It's disgusting. Prestia should be the only guy thought about here and his welfare and the impact this might have long term. Not poor remorseful Tom. With CTE and the impact it has/can have, how anyone can defend the act and say its not intentional beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I keep thinking of what Dimmer would have said in the same situation.

It would be something like ...

Look we don't want to see that in our game, I hope the player is OK and makes a full recovery. Its out of character for our player and not what we are about as a football club.

Scott is such a s**t bloke.

Two things I agree with here:

Geelol obtained a huge advantage and won the game because Prestia couldn't play.

Scott's presser was all about damage control. I hope, when Stewart plays the good bloke defense before the tribunal, that somebody points that nobody from Geelol has expressed any concern about Prestia. Nobody at Geelol cares one iota about what Stewart did. Their only concern is that their player escape the consequences of his actions.

I keep thinking of what Dimmer would have said in the same situation.

It would be something like ...

Look we don't want to see that in our game, I hope the player is OK and makes a full recovery. Its out of character for our player and not what we are about as a football club.

Scott is such a s**t bloke.
I used to think people were being hard on him.

I don't any more.

His failure to express any concern for Prestia in his presser was an absolute disgrace.

Consider me a convert to the "Chris Scott is a s**t bloke" club.

Houli wasnt looking when he recklessly lashed his arm backwards ,,,Stewart can’t make the same defence , the campaigner lined him up

Also, Lamb was cheating by Holding Houli after he got rid of the ball. That situation would not have happened if the umpire did his job and pinged Lamb for holding the man.

I've tried to refrain from commenting on this simply because I don't want to remind myself of this sickening and unsportsmanlike act. Hearing Scott defend the indefensible regarding Stewart I can't help but feel the act was premeditated and that Scott is attempting to pre-empt the penalty.

Prestia is seen as a barometer for Richmond performance. It's quite possible that the Geelong team were instructed to take out Prestia if the opportunity presented itself. I haven't read the prior comments because I'm sickened by the whole episode so this might have been mentioned but look at the relative sizes of the players involved. Stewart is listed as 190 cm and 90 kg, Prestia is 175 cm and 82 kg making this an extremely cowardly act.

Wouldn't put it past Scott, I remember what he was like as a player when he and his brother tormented Nick Riewoldt's shoulder. An example of good sportsmanship there.

And btw, the images of Stewart embraced by both Selwood who was grinning and Scott increases my anger. My dislike of Geepong has gone up a level and if they make it to the GF I will be supporting whichever side they play (that's if we don't eliminate them first).

Last edited:
Got to have a red card system in place to deter absolute flogs like Stewart and Danger just sniping blokes who are key for their sides. Easy rule to implement as well - if you elect to bump or swing on someone and they can’t come back on its a straight red and 5+ weeks.

Geelong’s Zach Tuohy has defended teammate Tom Stewart’s bump on Dion Prestia as an “unfortunate accident” as former players and commentators debate whether the AFL should introduce a send-off rule. Hahahaha piss off

Back