Votes: 14 4.9%

Votes: 85 30.0%

Votes: 57 20.1%

Votes: 69 24.4%
  • 7+

Votes: 45 15.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you need to chill out, be better than geelong supporters.

We dont need to wish injuries on anyone or hope someone evens it up.

Just be content in the fact we win when it really matters.

Also the thread is about Stewart and Prestia

No change in stance from the AFL to a Send off rule.

Typical.

Bring in uneccesary rule changes such as 6-6-6, Stand and Dissent, but don't fix a loophole where a team has to play one man down rotation wise due to unsportsmanlike conduct of another team, who benefits.

Cheers Gil, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Chris Scott sounded like he was trying to endorse Stewart for a directors role of a children’s charity.
Chrissie be a little sheepish

The AFL will investigate the whole incident? (Barratt - Sunday Footy Show) Maybe the coaching staff as part of game preparation got the old chestnut out to make sure that Dion Prestia "earns" his possessions?

If that chestnut leaks out, then throw the book at the coach as well.

I disagree with the opinion that Stewart intentionally tried to injure Prestia. I think Intention to injure looks different. Intention to injure to me looks like what Gaff did to Andrew Brayshaw in 2018.

This one looked like a mistimed bump that unfortunately ended up concussing Prestia. The bump and contact looked deliberate as he went past the ball to bump Prestia, so I think it still will be around 3-4 weeks as it was not low impact. But not enough evidence to show that the intention to injure was deliberate in my opinion.

Chrissie be a little sheepish

The AFL will investigate the whole incident? (Barratt - Sunday Footy Show) Maybe the coaching staff as part of game preparation got the old chestnut out to make sure that Dion Prestia "earns" his possessions?

If that chestnut leaks out, then throw the book at the coach as well.
That will never get out all the players would just lie

The campaigner should be out for 6 weeks minimum and if the AFL were serious stamping this s**t out then ban the campaigner for the season simple . Whoever says he didn’t mean it is delusional, and I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Scott gave a directive to go hard on meatball to his players

it was planned. as soon as he saw it was meatball he ran directly for him, never even looked at the ball or the other players running past. this is a guy that doesn't have a big history with similar incidents. they had been told to do it for sure

I hear you.
We’ll never get into Stewart’s head about ‘intention’.
My guess is that he did want to ‘hurt’ Prestia but was himself shocked and repentant at how severe the hit and its impact ultimately were.
I’m not sure it matters though really if he meant to put Prestia into next week or just rough him up. If injurious head contact is something that the AFL want to avoid then players should get what is coming whether they meant to concuss or not IF they choose to bump away from the contest.

Straight to the tribunal. Careless, Severe, High.

How can that be anything other than intentional when he admitted he chose to bump is astounding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree with the opinion that Stewart intentionally tried to injure Prestia. I think Intention to injure looks different. Intention to injure to me looks like what Gaff did to Andrew Brayshaw in 2018.

This one looked like a mistimed bump that unfortunately ended up concussing Prestia. The bump and contact looked deliberate as he went past the ball to bump Prestia, so I think it still will be around 3-4 weeks as it was not low impact. But not enough evidence to show that the intention to injure was deliberate in my opinion.
The ball is long gone he runs past the play.
What exactly was his intention then?
Looks like the coward aimed for his target and hit it.
It’s a cowardly act, Prestia didn’t even see it coming.
Dog act and I’ll hate the carnt from here on. Bad Karma to the coward.

Stewart straight to the tribunal
4 weeks minimum now

Nope. If they grade it careless it is 3+.
Intentional is 4+.

AFL Article:

The three-time All-Australian will face the tribunal and is set to miss at least four games after the bump was graded as intentional, severe impact and high contact by the Match Review Officer (MRO).

MRO Statement:

Tom Stewart, Geelong Cats, has been charged with Rough Conduct against Dion Prestia, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Round 15 match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond played at the MCG on Saturday, June 25, 2022.

In summary, the player has been referred directly to the Tribunal and cannot accept an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Severe Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a direct referral to the Tribunal and the player cannot accept an early plea.

Who would you entrust the power to send a player of with?

the umpires? They can’t adjudicate rules, we would finish the game with twelve players

the video guys? Inconclusive we would finish the game with twelve players

sending off would open the game to more corruption than it already has, has everyone forgotten dangerous tackles being adjudicated?

how was there no high on baker in the third? That’s almost a week in the afl jargon but nothing from the umps, they ignored head high tackles on us all night

don't want the send off rule because the geelol football league will just use it to get our players sent off during big finals for innocuous incidents

Like we could lose Prestia more than the 10 mandatory 10 days depending how he responds to concussion protocols, say Stewart gets 3 weeks & Prestia is out for 3 weeks that will be real farce a statement has to be made by the MRO here.

7 weeks for the actual incident and 4 extra for it being premeditated. salty scott should be suspended from his duties for the same period

Nope. If they grade it careless it is 3+.
Intentional is 4+.

AFL Article:

MRO Statement:

3 weeks for a head shot off the ball and ko would be a disgusting outcome.

May as well have our lesser players do it every week and rotate them through the side.

Back