Jen2310

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Wilson, who barracked for Collingwood, was understood to have an affinity with their skipper Scott Pendlebury, who also crossed over from basketball, and with Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley.
That Wilson is from Melbourne and would not need to relocate also played a part in his decision to choose Collingwood.

Jen2310

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
So it seems they are aiming him to be a tall midfielder. 194cm. It's what position he played previously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ads734

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Played with and against Tommy right at the stage before he chose basketball. He's probably the most talented footballer to sign as a Cat B rookie. He's a bit of a freak. His athleticism is redic in that he is seriously springy and agile. Has great hands and can kick on both feet. If anything he needs to put on some size but he could really be anything. Unlike guys like Cox, Blicavs, etc he really is a natural footballer already.

Jen2310

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I believe he can't train until the end of the year, so I'd say next season.

atomiser

Rookie
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood
Played with and against Tommy right at the stage before he chose basketball. He's probably the most talented footballer to sign as a Cat B rookie. He's a bit of a freak. His athleticism is redic in that he is seriously springy and agile. Has great hands and can kick on both feet. If anything he needs to put on some size but he could really be anything. Unlike guys like Cox, Blicavs, etc he really is a natural footballer already.
Well, that has certainly got my attention, could be a bonus pick up

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
So it seems they are aiming him to be a tall midfielder. 194cm. It's what position he played previously.
It seems logical, as the attributes necessary to excel as a point guard translate most directly to the midfield.

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
really happy with this, way more likely to make it than Madgen/Tohill/Keane imo (not that I was against recruiting these players as they are free hits)

Top Bottom