List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
So...Walker hey, same guy that's just been dropped?

Seems like a decision based on Western Bulldogs lack of tall forwards.

If Walker can't maintain his position in Brisbane's side, I'd very gladly add him to Collingwood's defence for a late pick if he isn't valued by Brisbane.

Last year in Walker's first season as a key defender he was out-armed the 9th least of the 50 most involved in 1v1s. Defending the lead he tanked the 6th best of the top 85 lead defenders. Rated above average for contested marks last year.

Then this year he's elite for intercept marks and contested marks, above average for marks (one tier ahead in each category by comparison to Moore). In contested defensive loss percentage he's below 20% which is exceptional (better than Moore). Probably better than Moore defending the lead based on his stats from last year. Moore is ahead on intercept possessions but Walker's numbers are still solid.

I'm not saying Walker is better than Moore. I feel they're in the same conversation on performance to date in 2019. What I am saying however is overlooking the effectiveness of Walker by Brisbane is highly questionable (playing Gardner ahead of Walker? I find that ridiculous) and as a key defender he would be an outstanding addition to the club's back half and possibly as someone who plays alongside Moore and Roughead as that third tall.

I'd be making an offer at seasons end. No doubt. He's an ideal piece. Particularly with Moore's injury history and with Dunn's future unclear.

Josh Walker I never rated as a forward. As a key defender? I view him as a clear top 10 key defender in the game - if his form continues.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing he stormed into Bucks' office and demanded a starting position in the midfield, citing he's the only player with "international experience" on the list. My sources say he had a "smug" look on his face the entire time... Make of that what you will.

Hearing he stormed into Bucks' office and demanded a starting position in the midfield, citing he's the only player with "international experience" on the list. My sources say he had a "smug" look on his face the entire time... Make of that what you will.

I can confirm it. I'm hearing that there was then an angry conversation between Pendles and Wilson. Pendles was livid that Wilson refused to acknowledge his work for Australia in International Rules. To which Wilson just laughed and said "It's not even a sport, ya dickhead", which was surprisingly Australian coming from the international twat. Supposedly, it's caused a massive rift in the playing group, many who have backed Wilson because it isn't a sport.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Looking for info on him and you come across this headline:
Tom Wilson has ruptured his ACL in the VFL over the weekend.
I thought to myself that was quick, but evidently it's the Northern Blues skipper.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
This Wilson guy better be a 'star' otherwise I will be very disappointed.:)

R-4428007-1364593944-2488.jpeg.jpg

If Moore keeps going the way he is he will be All Australian, whether he deserves it or not.

The jungle drums are beating and the media is jumping on his bandwagon. That's how you make it.
Playing fairly impressively help a bit too.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Ok folks do your work.

What do you think of Tom Wilson?
Where do you think he may have gone in his draft year?

Any other info welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Pie 4 Life Snoop Dog Knightmare

yeha mate he is good. Went back and spoke to some blokes that saw him a lot and the feedback was positive. The descriptors recently all him are spot on. Terrific height, athletically massive tick, agile and was considered a really good prospect.

Hope he can do that. Big ask though, as it's the hardest position on the ground.

Well with only Cox and Reid that can play that Postion we don't have any backups or younger players playing that Postion

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
LeBron is pissed, had told Magic to get the kid and when Magic failed, Lebron demanded he resign.

As a footnote Lebron is considering a code change to play with Wilson.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
LeBron is pissed, had told Magic to get the kid and when Magic failed, Lebron demanded he resign.

As a footnote Lebron is considering a code change to play with Wilson.
And when he plays for us the commentators will constantly refer to his basket ball background.

And they’ll make out like this Lebron guy is an all time great basket baller. Anything to hype their call.

And when he plays for us the commentators will constantly refer to his basket ball background.

And they’ll make out like this Lebron guy is an all time great basket baller. Anything to hype their call.

Stay on topic Saintly, any mention of all time greats fittingly belongs in the Callum Brown thread.

Back