List Mgmt. Tom Wilson Signs with Collingwood

Cheers... I was in the same boat as Timothy, asleep when the Wilson show train pulled into the station... Any truth to the rumor he is demanding the locker closest to the door so he doesn't have to mingle with the hoi polloi while slipping into his silk lined jockstrap ?

This is the all time great line made in relation to Wilson's press conference. I was sure it said arrogant, but that's just an improvement that's been added since:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tom-wilson-signs-with-collingwood.1217320/post-60739548

Heard that Wilson is backing himself in to win the Brownlow this year.
Wilson wouldn't piss on the Brownlow. He's lobbying to be inducted as an AFL legend. At the same time, he's trying to get those who've never been overseas stripped of their legend status.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
When is this guy getting a run in the VFL?
Might not even be this year.

They looking to build his fitness to be football fitness, in a way like an extra long mega pre-season all ready for 2020.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
When is this guy getting a run in the VFL?

They are working on his fitness. If his progress is good they said they might consider him towards the end of the season. But he may not play at all.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s also only agreeing to the 50 meter arc being left only with him there

He’ll do the rest.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The AFL are so keen to see him crossover that they're going to drop the 6-6-6 rule.
But only when he plays

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
How was wilson actually rated in his draft years does anybody know? Or did he switch to basketball beforehand

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How was wilson actually rated in his draft years does anybody know? Or did he switch to basketball beforehand
I think he had his own draft.

On a serious note he was rated I believe (had he gone on to be in a draft) in the first round. So quite well rated.

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

He didn't get to his draft year, but he was rated among the top handful of his peers while he was in the system. He was offered AIS scholarship, which only happens to the top talent each year.

I would suggest he was rated clearly first round, and possibly top 10.

He switched to Basketball when he was 16. He was rated highly in his u16 year iirc though, and played in the national championships.

Back