Player Watch Tom Wilson (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had high hopes for Tohill Dave, thought he might have replaced Cox this week. šŸ˜”

I still have high hopes for both Tohill and Keane but it was always a development year this year. Keane seems to be the more advanced from what I've seen/read.

I still have high hopes for both Tohill and Keane but it was always a development year this year. Keane seems to be the more advanced from what I've seen/read.

Keane we quite good today as well

Would love to see some footage of him like a highlight package ... why is this club so god damn s**t at producing any VFL content.

Because our Media Team is a Joke

Here's a highlights package of his first game, last week:
Good job there.
You got it all, just missed getting his first mark.

Solid effort :D

there's a rumour that his mother was responsible for the best player list.... but on a serious note, it's not a bad effort for someone whose first senior game was last week.

What you mean. He did not get a Disposal last week
It was a joke. Apparently he took his only mark right at the siren, so that was when heā€™d ā€œreally gotten into the gameā€ etc.

Tohill and Keane were always going to be slow burners. I think we all hoped Tohill would have shown more though. Averaging 5 disposals, only had more than 10 disposals once, goaless in 6 out of 8 games. Tough position to be learning a new game though.

From a list balance perspective, I wonder if it is wise to have two so wildly experimental key position prospects on the list at once. It seems our go to with key positions actually. We have had 5 category B rookies with Cox, Madgen, Tohill, Keane and Wilson. Mihocek also a rookie. We don't spend big on key positions it seems. I think it makes it harder to put a decent structure around those guys to support their development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a joke. Apparently he took his only mark right at the siren, so that was when heā€™d ā€œreally gotten into the gameā€ etc.
Was the siren for HT though, so the joke doesnā€™t really work...

Tohill and Keane were always going to be slow burners. I think we all hoped Tohill would have shown more though. Averaging 5 disposals, only had more than 10 disposals once, goaless in 6 out of 8 games. Tough position to be learning a new game though.

From a list balance perspective, I wonder if it is wise to have two so wildly experimental key position prospects on the list at once. It seems our go to with key positions actually. We have had 5 category B rookies with Cox, Madgen, Tohill, Keane and Wilson. Mihocek also a rookie. We don't spend big on key positions it seems. I think it makes it harder to put a decent structure around those guys to support their development.
Could argue we spent pick 9 on Moore, 31(?) on McLarty 6 on Scharenberg, 18 on Grundy and 29 on Kelly in recent years, so itā€™s not like we completely avoid talls early in the ND.

Was the siren for HT though, so the joke doesnā€™t really work...
Ah, dang. I should have known that given the wall-to-wall VFL coverage we get these days.

Could argue we spent pick 9 on Moore, 31(?) on McLarty 6 on Scharenberg, 18 on Grundy and 29 on Kelly in recent years, so itā€™s not like we completely avoid talls early in the ND.

I think as a rule we steer clear of key positions early. We've spent a 1st round on Moore in 2014, then you need to go back to Reid and Brown in 2006 for the last time we went that high on a key position player. 2nd rounders include Dawes 2006, McLarty 2015, Kelly 2017. Shaz wasn't selected as a key position. We're far more comfortable attacking that position with rookie picks or recycled low value types from other clubs.

I think as a rule we steer clear of key positions early. We've spent a 1st round on Moore in 2014, then you need to go back to Reid and Brown in 2006 for the last time we went that high on a key position player. 2nd rounders include Dawes 2006, McLarty 2015, Kelly 2017. Shaz wasn't selected as a key position. We're far more comfortable attacking that position with rookie picks or recycled low value types from other clubs.

and I am not a Huge Fan of that. You want a Gun KPF Prospect then you need a High Draft Picks and we been Trading them away

Is ruck no longer regarded as key position? I canā€™t keep up

Can he become our great white hope of finally developing a real key forward??

Yes. Heā€™s gone from 0 possessions in his first game to amongst the bests in his second. At this rate heā€™s on target to win the Norm Smith in September.

Yes. Heā€™s gone from 0 possessions in his first game to amongst the bests in his second. At this rate heā€™s on target to win the Norm Smith in September.

Lets not get too far ahead of Ourselves

It's not ideal to recruit Key Position players from Non AFL backgrounds but it seems to be our strategy. Doesnt help giving up 1st round picks via the trade table. No decent local prospects left. Hopefully Will Kelly develops but we need a gun Key Forward and only play Cox when we play the tigers

No idea why we went McLarty instead of the U18 AA Full Back Brennan Cox. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but a panel of experts had him as the number 1 full back prospect and guess what, we needed a Full Back at the time and decided to pick a player that didnt play that year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back