Toast Tommy Barrass

Remove this Banner Ad

I've upped him on this site many times. Big fan. Unheralded. e.g. Most of the media after the first final failed to credit him for his work on Cox.
From memory there was a game earlier in the year where we didn't have McGovern and he held it down without an issue. Might have been round 8 against GWS. Made me think at the time that if McGovern does go, we would be okay.

Mad Dog was immense yesterday.

We are blessed to have two extremely good readers on the play as our key defenders. Sometimes it can be frustrating when you just want TB to defend solely but then you get games like yesterday and you say just play your natural game son

He was obviously very impressive on Saturday. Kinda wish that Cox didn't beat him those few times in the 2nd half though.
Would've been a very tough job given that he gives up about 18cm to Cox.

Last edited:
he was absolutely outstanding. spoil after spoil against against a bigger guy, huge marks, good decision making under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly think he would be one of the hottest young talents if he was playing in Melbourne or played in a side that didn't have McGovern. 5 months older than Lever but more of an all round KPD and more athletic and better hands.

Everyone was after Tommy Lycett and Sheed all year. These three were immense in finals. All three games. I wasn't a massive fan of sheed but his last 6-7 games has been huge.

12-4-NewNumbers.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back