Remove this Banner Ad

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I really hope that Kenny gives Tom the massive job of running with and beating Nick Reiwoldt ALL game - even if he is getting beaten!!

The experience that he will get running with a super star will be invaluable!

I actually think tommy will not only stay with Roo, but beat him... If he does, a rising star nomination would surely be on the cards!!!

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah Hombsch on Riewoldt. Hooker had too much height but Riewoldt is more about getting a break on his opponent and marking in front which is what Hombsch excels at repelling.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Hombsch plays his best as the drop off defender rather than the shut down defender IMO... We need to be grooming Clurey for his long future in our back lines, not only this Tommy has the size and more importantly the endurance to run with NR all day.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love Tommy, but he would be a lamb to the slaughter. NRoo is arguably the best CHF Over the last 10 years and is still in ridiculously good nick. (No pun intended) Hombsh will get the job you'd suspect, give Tom the job on Josh Bruce, who's no slouch this year either.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Riewoldt is the form CHF of the league right now... Very big task.

I was at Etihad to watch SK vs Dons a couple of weeks ago
Bruce is spending a lot of time at CHF for SK at the moment.
Bruce is a real gun - will provide years of pain for opposition teams. He will be too quick for Trengove
Riewoldt appeared to be playing further forward or alternating at CHF. He was spectacular too.

Tom did a fair job on Riewoldt at the 2014 trial game at Alberton. Now Riewoldt wouldnt have been going flat out and Tom would have been pumped but he didnt get overawed by the challenge. I suspect we will have to give 2 or 3 players a go.

Hoff v Roo on the wing for a half a game might be a match up possibility as well.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I was at Etihad to watch SK vs Dons a couple of weeks ago
Bruce is spending a lot of time at CHF for SK at the moment.
Bruce is a real gun - will provide years of pain for opposition teams. He will be too quick for Trengove
Riewoldt appeared to be playing further forward or alternating at CHF. He was spectacular too.

That may be, but Roo is more noticeable at CHF on the tv and goes on those long repeat runs, racking up marks and sending the ball forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope that Kenny gives Tom the massive job of running with and beating Nick Reiwoldt ALL game - even if he is getting beaten!! ....
There's no other obvious choice given we wouldn't want Hombsch locked down. Riewoldt will towel him up but it's a good learning experience. Like Lefti93 says I'm glad he's playing, he was a really a bit overdue for a crack in the AFL seeing how well he was doing in the Maggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back