Toast Tommy Jonas

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sorry but I can't contain my immediate for this man.

His best game to date.

JONAS%20Tom.png

serious man love for this guy !!!

Big footy's Tommy The Hitman Jonas has walked thru a worm hole straight out of the 1965 premiership side with Mots and the boys and into todays final and turned it on like a tough old mean ruthless defender circa 1965.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big footy's Tommy The Hitman Jonas has walked thru a worm hole straight out of the 1965 premiership side with Mots and the boys and into todays final and turned it on like a tough old mean ruthless defender circa 1965.
For us younger folks does he remind you of any port players from the 60's/70s REH?

Very good game from Tom, needs to work on his kicking though. If he can improve that aspect, he will go up a notch or two!
Did you see that 70m drop punt that sat out perfectly in front for Wingard to run on to and kick an easy goal? His kicking isn't as good as Pittards or Broadbents but I don't think it is sub-par by any standards! Someone give Trengrove a kicking lesson though...

It's funny that opposition fans & general media don't even know this bloke exists but if they were more aware of the opposition they'd notice he's easily one of the best mid sized defenders in the game that can play tall/small.

The league teams stat wasn't bullshit he wins 40% of 1 on 1 contests which puts him in the elite defender bracket, he made Martin & Riewoldt look average a few times today. I never doubted his inclusion into the leadership group but this year is a classic example of how good a leader he is.

It's funny that opposition fans & general media don't even know this bloke exists but if they were more aware of the opposition they'd notice he's easily one of the best mid sized defenders in the game that can play tall/small.

The league teams stat wasn't bullshit he wins 40% of 1 on 1 contests which puts him in the elite defender bracket, he made Martin & Riewoldt look average a few times today. I never doubted his inclusion into the leadership group but this year is a classic example of how good a leader he is.

Does that mean he loses 60% (doubtful) or that there are also a large portion of neutral outcomes? It's hard not to love the whole team after today.

For us younger folks does he remind you of any port players from the 60's/70s REH?

No player in particular but his haircut, square jaw and decent build means he could have slotted straight into a team photo from the 1950s or 1960's you see around the Port Club and in the Alan Scott building.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back