Toast Tommy Jonas

Remove this Banner Ad

He was probably nervous about getting elbowed in the back of the head by "the hit man" as you guys like to call him.

Or maybe he thought he saw Darren Glass out of the corner of his eye. Speaking of unlucky collisions.

Concise, entertaining and scathing. Really good from Tom.

He feels like the type of player to go into administration more than coaching or punditry, which is something you could rarely say about players.

Absolutely. A group of us met him at a player sponsor dinner a few years back. Came across as very smart and personable. Was a pleasure to talk to. Seemed like CE material even then. Doing law I believe.

Absolutely. A group of us met him at a player sponsor dinner a few years back. Came across as very smart and personable. Was a pleasure to talk to. Seemed like CE material even then. Doing law I believe.

Can confirm. Both he and Jack Hombsch occasionally popped up on an Adelaide Uni law student Facebook group that I was part of a few years ago.

I once saw Jack Hombsch trying to flog off a used textbook for 40 bucks. Why does an AFL player need 40 bucks?

Can confirm. Both he and Jack Hombsch occasionally popped up on an Adelaide Uni law student Facebook group that I was part of a few years ago.

I once saw Jack Hombsch trying to flog off a used textbook for 40 bucks. Why does an AFL player need 40 bucks?
You did law at Adelaide Uni too? :D

Or maybe he thought he saw Darren Glass out of the corner of his eye. Speaking of unlucky collisions.

Tyson Stenglein sending Ben Eckermann into another dimension is another moment that comes to mind.

Selective memory seems to be a common trait amongst Pty Ltd types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson Stenglein sending Ben Eckermann into another dimension is another moment that comes to mind.

Selective memory seems to be a common trait amongst Pty Ltd types.

I went to this thread looking for footage of this incident

https://bigfooty.com/forum/threads/stenglein-how-many-weeks.173658/

I can't decide if it's full of your standard West Coast supporter delusion or whether trying to kill somebody with your shoulder was still considered just part of the game in 2005

I went to this thread looking for footage of this incident

https://bigfooty.com/forum/threads/stenglein-how-many-weeks.173658/

I can't decide if it's full of your standard West Coast supporter delusion or whether trying to kill somebody with your shoulder was still considered just part of the game in 2005

Ahh, the rabid anti-Port Sturt schmuck starting 3 posts in and multiple times afterward, followed by numerous like-minded clowns from over Port Rd.

Keeping in mind this was after the AFL planted their flag on the bump due to Pickett knocking Begley over in the preseason (who was completely fine and played Round 1 but you'd think he was fitted for a permanent chin joystick) and before the comical bleating when Pickett was lined up by Rhett Biglands and despite giving up 25 kilos and 25 centimetres, destroyed him fearlessly and fairly.

Takes me back.

Tom Jonas has played with a more responsible mantle this year. Hopefully those ill disciplined lapses of the past are behind him. These days there is a fine line between being a hard player and going too far. That said some players get away with it while some don't. Petrie's high and late charge on Matthew White is a case in point.

It is no secret that Tom's name was on the trading table last year but there were no takers. His form has been that good this year that several Melbourne clubs must be ruing the decision not to trade while at Alberton we should be grateful they didn't.

On the subject of taking us back, Tom Jonas' bump on the goal line last week put me in mind of Stephen Paxman's desperate tap to the boundary in the dying minutes of that game against Brisbane at Footy Park. Paxman's tap, which he probably would not get away with these days, was pure desperation and won us the game. Both moves were beautifully timed and saved certain goals.

"And how often do you see the best players in the paper on a Monday morning and notice the misspelling of a name? At least I don’t have to worry about that one!" - Tom Yonas

jogging-yogging-anchorman-ron-burgundy-meme-269x286.jpg

I don't remember Tom Jonas being on the trade table. I'm thinking you are confusing him with Hartlett.
I remember reading that Jonas was shopped around and had no takers and then he signed a 3 year deal and the board melted really hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back