Toast Tommy Jonas

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tony Jones, you sad, petty, clickbaity thin-skinned campaigner.

The Gaff hit was an obvious cheap shot. But there was nothing else. So he has a crack at the American spelling of "theater" in Jonas' article, lol.

Coz Tommy is the editor/sub/whatever who published it online.

Pretty limp, Tone, lmao...

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Tony Jones, you sad, petty, clickbaity thin-skinned campaigner.

The Gaff hit was an obvious cheap shot. But there was nothing else. So he has a crack at the American spelling of "theater" in Jonas' article, lol.

Coz Tommy is the editor/sub/whatever who published it online...

I wonder if Tom used the term "gaffe(s)" in his article as trollbait... :p

yepits2020

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tony Jones just attempted to roast him on the Sunday Footy Show over the article he wrote.
I was wondering who that panellist was. Theatre or theater, can be considered interchangeable, only that it is an Americanised version. So the panelist needs some explaining. I am serious, I have no idea or know anything about tony jones.

Kane Cornes is worth watching though. Very insightful with his thinking. Tony jones, I have not taken one note about anything he has said about football.

Undoubtedly our best in the first half yesterday, arguably our best for the entire thing. Potentially our best player all year so far.

Had numerous conversations with other supporters about how well he went yesterday, he's slowly starting to get real recognition I think.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surprised he didn't get more plaudits on here, although was recognised by the coaches in the AFLCA votes. Certainly in the first half was one of a handful of players who looked like a professional for us. Always competitive, strong, unsociable and versatile he is what Port are all about.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Surprised he didn't get more plaudits on here, although was recognised by the coaches in the AFLCA votes. Certainly in the first half was one of a handful of players who looked like a professional for us. Always competitive, strong, unsociable and versatile he is what Port are all about.
He has got plenty of plaudits on various threads, some even giving him best on ground. IMO, his game was comparable with Robbie's, followed by Ryder, and then Rocky.

Last edited:

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Having a huge year. You know you are having a good year when in your two best games you have had 7 goals kicked on you and no one really minds...

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He has got plenty of plaudits on various threads, some even giving him best on ground. IMO, hgame was comparable with Robbie's, followed by Ryder, and then Rocky.

True. At the time I posted had only received a couple of posts on this thread, though. I would say the first defender picked each week at the moment, and will be AA again if he continues in his current vein of form.

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why is Jonas our designated kicked out of defense. It's russian roulette everytime he drops that ball onto his foot. Does not deserve AA selection because of his ball use. I know you got to give your players confidence but Jonas should not be someone trying to hit a 40m pass into the corridor.

Why is Jonas our designated kicked out of defense. It's russian roulette everytime he drops that ball onto his foot. Does not deserve AA selection because of his ball use. I know you got to give your players confidence but Jonas should not be someone trying to hit a 40m pass into the corridor.
This is what happens when we win by plenty in China, whilst not playing well in s**t conditions after a rousing showdown.

The trolls run out of ammunition and resort to Jonas’ kicking.

What next? Neade should be better at rucking?

This is what happens when we win by plenty in China, whilst not playing well in s**t conditions after a rousing showdown.

The trolls run out of ammunition and resort to Jonas’ kicking.

What next? Neade should be better at rucking?
I don't think there is much wrong with saying someone else should be rebounding out of the backline. Most of Jonas's kicks should be a chip to a free option from short-medium distance or a bomb down the line to a pack of players hoping a tall marks it.

I don't think there is much wrong with saying someone else should be rebounding out of the backline. Most of Jonas's kicks should be a chip to a free option from short-medium distance or a bomb down the line to a pack of players hoping a tall marks it.
Water is also wet.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jonas' kicking has been fine this year.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
TJ's form has been very good so far this season, but I'm another who is not comfortable with him bringing the ball back into play, there can be no argument about his defensive qualities though.

The two best kicks in the team were probably Houston and Bonner, but there kicking skills have fallen away this season, particularly Bonner, whose stock in trade has become the high up and under widow maker, or a 20 metre scrubber to no-one in particular.

Houston was arguably the most elite field kick in the team but he is inconsistent at times as well, epitomised yesterday when he came from behind two gold coast opponents on the wing in the 3rd term, outworked them to get the ball, got separation, and then tonked it about 30 metres lace out to another gc player who didn't have a Port opponent in the same post code.
I went from saying well done Dan, to what the f*** was that, in less than about 5 seconds. :rolleyes:

Back