Mega Thread Tommy Mitchell - All Contract Talk in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but that's the nature of a forum where everyone can share their opinions. One option to keep everyone happy would be to keep all the contract talk to the main list management thread and leave this one for discussing actual developments, but most people understand the situation with Tom so I'm happy to let this thread go for now.

Apologies. I will shut up.

I agree with RW completely. The thread isn't hurting anyone, you might find it repetitive or annoying in which case you should unsubscribe to stop getting the notifications, but appreciate that many love to speculate on the draft/trade/movement sections in particular and we're happy to encourage their participation too.

Sometimes it's easier to have list management broken out to different threads, particularly for major topics such as Tom Mitchell. Having said that, basically every thread ends up going off topic because that's the nature of talking footy.

I can see a small chance that tom seeing all of our players re signing may change his mind. May get a little cold feet and consider that he may be missing out on something special that every one else sees

We saw the future of the Hawks on show tonight.
Good luck with that Tom if you go there.
Haha! I keep reading the hawks fans saying "It's time for the kids to stand up". And every time, i think... what if they already are standing up? What if that's as good as Hartung, Sicily, O'Rourke etc... are going to get?

Keep waiting for the step up... what if there are no more steps?

Thoughts like that keep me warm at night. :):thumbsu:

Tom gave me a look today
Sure i was 28 rows back from him. But the look said hey man money is important , i have to look at offer but i love this club, and i want to stay, i think we will work it all out, i am a blood have faith

Tom gave me a look today
Sure i was 28 rows back from him. But the look said hey man money is important , i have to look at offer but i love this club, and i want to stay, i think we will work it all out, i am a blood have faith

It was probably more of a "Why is that guy 28 rows back maintaining eye contact with me? Should I look away or stare him down as a sort of intimidation tactic? Wait, why am I even thinking about it? I knew I shouldn't have leaked any contract talk so early in the season, some of these fans are too invested and creepy. s**t! I haven't looked away this whole time and now he's probably reading way too much into it. Idiot, Tom! Back to the game and hope he doesn't see you leave later" look.

It was probably more of a "Why is that guy 28 rows back maintaining eye contact with me? Should I look away or stare him down as a sort of intimidation tactic? Wait, why am I even thinking about it? I knew I shouldn't have leaked any contract talk so early in the season, some of these fans are too invested and creepy. s**t! I haven't looked away this whole time and now he's probably reading way too much into it. Idiot, Tom! Back to the game and hope he doesn't see you leave later" look.

Maybe should not of licked my lips

More like...'why is he 28 rows back with this shitty little crowd'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Mitchell stays, excellent stuff. We'd have a good young player whose diverse and is willing to turn down money to stay with the club.
If Mitchell goes, bring on 2017. Can't wait to see blokes like Heeney, Foote, Hewett get more time in the midfield and all have the potential to be as good as (if not better than) Mitchell

Friend of the family. The talk is Hawthorn but not sure they have the currency to trade. Guaranteed 30+ possession 23yo midfielder has to be a top 10 draft pick, surely.

Really hope he chooses Carlton if it comes to that, we could do special things with that #5 draft pick and despite what they are saying publicly they'd be crazy not to trade it for him.

Hearing Tom is gone. Just doesn't see eye to eye with Horse. Copped a bake after the Hawthorn match. Unhappy with it.

That was over a month ago though, could be a stale rumour? Anyway if he is the type to want to head out the door after copping a bake from the coach, then he can go as far as I'm concerned. I hope for his sake that he sucks it up and stays. Horse is the kind of guy that if he gave you a bake you would sit up and take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back