Traded Tommy Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't you think he could have shown more of his talents if he'd stayed at St Kilda during the 2011 - 2014 seasons. Regardless of who we got with the trade with the Swans, in my opinion he made a crucial error of judgement by switching clubs when he did.
Yep, bloody oath he did. I reckon even if he hadn't made it up forward for us that he could have gotten a bunch of games down back, where we were crying out for someone his size under Watters and where he played most of his best footy for Sandy (finishing high in the B&F in his first year) and where I thought he looked OK for us in the NAB Cup game he played at Etihad against Geelong and whenever I saw him playing there for Sandy.

Hard to blame him for leaving though, considering how much the younger ones were overlooked by Lyon and apparently wanted out if he was to remain coaching us and how much influence Tadhg Kennelly would have had in his decision to go to Sydney. Not to mention the extra money of course. 3 good reasons to leave, very few good ones apparent at the time to stay.

Bloody oath. Weird decision not to at least give him another week to prove his worth or show some positive signs.

He got thrown in when the club were desperate, rather than when he was ready. Watters realised that was a shocking error of judgement.
That said, it reflected poorly on him that after all his time with the club, he still wasn't ready. I got his Sandy jersey here at home, I kicked from 50 twice at TBBO whilst wearing it - I wonder if that's the best action the shirt saw?!!

Also on the Irish... Gaelic footy doesn't require the type of forwards like AFL. The forward line is more crowded, less leading. To be honest if it was the other way around and there was more cash in Ireland, not many AFL forwards would get a look. Buddy for example would actually probably struggle. It'd be interesting to see some monster AFL forwards or rucks try it, but its not likely.
So that's also why you never really get forwards from Gaelic footy, there's no big pool to pick from. The next tall Irish who makes it will likely have basketball in his development, I think the benefit of having had foot skills in your youth is becoming less.

Can't help thinking JOR is the new Tommy Walsh.

"I'm sick of not getting a game at a team that's just about to need me... so I'm going to go to a team that already has tons of exceptional players that play my exact role! That'll learn 'em!"

Don't you think he could have shown more of his talents if he'd stayed at St Kilda during the 2011 - 2014 seasons. Regardless of who we got with the trade with the Swans, in my opinion he made a crucial error of judgement by switching clubs when he did.

Yeah, it's really come back to haunt us letting him go, hasn't it?

Spell please mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back