Tomorrow's Heroes

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berry captained every team he played in, one of the best at the combine, while being 6'3.
Being so mentally strong will hold him in good stead
He should be a good player but I'm not sure if he will be great. As in probably won't be AA or win a BnF
Not quite the player of some others in this draft

If your club is picking a top 20 pick and cant find a 150 gamer they have failed miserably and questuions need to be asked of the people you have employed

Nah, throughout history about 8-10 of the top 20 will get to 150 games. The best two drafts in history by this measure were 1997 and 2005.

1997: Power, Tarrant, Cornes, O'Bree, Ottens, Croad, Solomon, Johnstone, Saddington, Shannon Watt, James Walker
2005: Birchall, Pendlebury, Nathan Jones, Murphy, Hurn, Thomas, Douglas, Josh Kennedy (Eagles), Ryder, Varcoe, Higgins

2001 was a fantastic draft and still only 9 of the top 20 played 150+ games:

Dal Santo, Bartel, Kelly, Hodge, Judd, Hale, Ball, Reilly, Gram
vs
Elstone, Molan, Watson, Brooks, Harvey, Cole, Sampi, Clarke, Polak, Power, Ladson

Drafting is hard, top 20 picks only make it a bit easier.

Nah, throughout history about 8-10 of the top 20 will get to 150 games. The best two drafts in history by this measure were 1997 and 2005.

1997: Power, Tarrant, Cornes, O'Bree, Ottens, Croad, Solomon, Johnstone, Saddington, Shannon Watt, James Walker
2005: Birchall, Pendlebury, Nathan Jones, Murphy, Hurn, Thomas, Douglas, Josh Kennedy (Eagles), Ryder, Varcoe, Higgins

2001 was a fantastic draft and still only 9 of the top 20 played 150+ games:

Dal Santo, Bartel, Kelly, Hodge, Judd, Hale, Ball, Reilly, Gram
vs
Elstone, Molan, Watson, Brooks, Harvey, Cole, Sampi, Clarke, Polak, Power, Ladson

Drafting is hard, top 20 picks only make it a bit easier.

That's pretty scared stats I know only 35 % on average of drafted players play 100 games so it doesn't surprise me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back