Tonight: who will be BOG for the Roos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Darky:
I'll tip Jason McCartney to do a pretty good blanket job on Alessio (or possibly Lloyd).

Essendon fans will tell you that doing a good blanket job on Alessio* is as easy as just walking up to him and saying, "Hello Steve, I'm your opponent for the night. If the ball comes anywhere near you, just leave it to me, I'll do the work and you can have a nice and relaxing evening and not worry about getting injured or anything".
wink.gif

Best on ground for North? I'd love to see a match winning performance from the Dish, but I reckon it'll either be Stevo or McCartney.

Cheers
SB

*A nice change from making the usual jokes about Lloydy, Hirdy, and Lucasy in the showers after the game......Hey! No wonder Allesioy always looks like he's about to have a good old sulk in the forward pocket, not only does he feel left out during the game, he feels left out AFTER the game as well
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 30 March 2001).]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an independent viewer's perspective, I thought Spider was your best, so I think you all lost - the prize jackpots until next week then
wink.gif

Bad luck troops, but as they say in this business, there's always next week - Harris showed a bit, Rocca did alright when the ball went near him, Arch & Stevo are still as good as ever.

Long long way to go

Originally posted by ant:
That absolute star Corey McKernan will dominate tonight, go Roos!!!

Sorry, don't think he made it. He must have missed the train or something. A pity too, on a night when we were so depleted, and we needed him to make an impression.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

Corey did take a few marks and wasn't our worst player, but it's true he didn't step us as required. Votes as I will post on a new thread... 3 - Grant, 2 - Blakey, 1 - Burton.

------------------
"Not by speech-making and the decisions of majorities will the questions of the day be settled... but by iron and blood" - Otto von Bismarck 1862

The night was made for Corey. He needed to step up and show leadership with Carey out, the article by Brereton should have fired him up, and was playing against what is Essendons weaklink, an ordinary ruck combo.
Sorry, but he didn't respond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back