ipswichpies

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Well for a bloke with no ticker apparently he showed a fair bit last night,well done mate.

I think the club should offer him another contract because in all his games for us he has shown better disposal than 80% of our players and I think he keeps his cool well and does not panic.

I hope the Swan,s poster is right that last night could be the making of him because we could do with a bloke who dispose,s well,"good on ya Tony"you showed us all you have some real heart.:):thumbsu:

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great effort by Tony Armstrong. He was one of the few positives of a shocking night.

Something is seriously wrong inside the confines of the club. That's a monumental stuff-up of epic proportions to allow him to play eight quarters of football in one day.
It is completely to hold over only 1 emergency. Lots of WA team only fly 1 over because it's not worth them missing a week of football. It doesn't reflect "something seriously wrong" at all.

It is completely to hold over only 1 emergency. Lots of WA team only fly 1 over because it's not worth them missing a week of football. It doesn't reflect "something seriously wrong" at all.

Young was always coming in for Elliott though. We didn't hold any emergency over.

It does when it's known on Thursday that one of the named players is not going to play and that the only emergency held over was coming in for that player. So in reality, the club did not hold over anyone and that is clearly wrong.

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
Whilst a fantastic effort by the player, this is another clear example of the coach having NFI.

A bloke who just played a full game earlier in the day, and he is listed as an "emergency" for the senior game.

And yet, we all still wonder why our injury list is growing and players are falling over like flies and have been for 3 years now.

The coach has no idea what he is doing.

suspect footskills

All Australian
Oct 15, 2012
Richmond
AFL Club
Collingwood
From now on he's Tony "legs" Armstrong to me. Good kick of the ball and runs all day... Wasn't a huge fan admittedly although his AFL debut brought me round but now IMO he's one the younger blokes should look to for guidance. I read he was "training the house down" during the preseason but that's a term that gets thrown around a lot. Was probably correct in this instance however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hva sher a

Club Legend
Nov 3, 2009
right in front of you
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Everton
Great effort by the kid - he just earned himself a contract somewhere, if the Pies are dumb enough to cut him.
I don't think we'll cut him. Bucks places a high premium on good disposal skills which is why we went after Jordan Russell in the first place. Ok that didn't work out but I agreed with the sentiment.

My only concern is TA's defensive capabilities. Does he have the concentration and smarts to deal with the better small forward types like Breust, Ballantyne, Betts etc. Personally I don't think so but he could build a niche for himself in the Leon Davis quarterback role that we haven't had since...Leon Davis.

Armstrong has done no wrong since he came into the squad 3 weeks ago. Shouldn't have even been dropped in the first place, but it was somewhat understandable given the talent we had come into the side.

If his contract is up this year, then he has to be given an extension now. No question about it.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I can't believe I got through the first page of this thread without reading a negative comment.
FFS TG & Opti need to lift their game.

Sign of the times that Tony is able to play in a side with 7 injuries. Let's go crazy for the guy. Was the cream for the night. I'd kiss you if I could. I don't know where this guy will take us, but, Tony, take me with you on this journey.
Well maybe if more players played 8 quarters you'd be happier with the team playing with the way they did last night?

Collingwood pro

Club Legend
Jan 18, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Played very well, wasn't a fan at the start but I am starting to like him much more. Has shown heart that I don't many people thought he had.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Same weekend but not same day I believe. And only played a half in twos before making his debut on the Monday if I recall correctly

Brad Dick played 2 games in the same weekend and kicked 4 goals

Aug 15, 2009
The Devil's personal coke roadie
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bullshit. Elliott was always out, so holding back Young was not leaving an emergency, it was covering for the known out.

And the coverage for an unforseen out was....non existent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back