MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Well said MB, I know you've not been a fan.

I missed the game, being at a function, and literally couldn't believe my eyes to read on here when I got home that Armstrong played tonight, after playing in the twos earlier today. Literally gobsmacked.

Thank you, VP.

No, that's true, I've not been a fan (and as an aside, I'm still not, because he still has those really worrying deficiencies in his game), but this isn't the place for that discussion. We're here to give heartfelt appreciation and praise to what was a remarkable effort by Armstrong, essentially going above and beyond the call of duty (and really, human endurance). As far as I'm concerned, he stays in the side for the rest of the season, however long that is. Even got a few votes from me over at Nick's.

Again, well done Tony. :thumbsu:

motr

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think we'll cut him. Bucks places a high premium on good disposal skills which is why we went after Jordan Russell in the first place. Ok that didn't work out but I agreed with the sentiment.

My only concern is TA's defensive capabilities. Does he have the concentration and smarts to deal with the better small forward types like Breust, Ballantyne, Betts etc. Personally I don't think so but he could build a niche for himself in the Leon Davis quarterback role that we haven't had since...Leon Davis.

Leon Davis was a smart defender. TA has someway to go on in that area of his game.

I'm not particularly a fan either. But it was a terrific effort to come up for a full match twice in one day. Including the trip down to Geelong for the early match. The fact that he had to do it at all is a pretty big stuff up by the club though. Well done Tony.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Late to the party, but what a herculean effort. In a world where someone who ties their shoes is described as the greatest lace threader in history, that was a genuinely amazing feat.

I hope they buy him a new PS4 game as he deserves a couple of days off this week.

Also agree that it's atrocious list management. WTF is going on at the Westpac?

silacious

Draftee
Jun 19, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Leon Davis was a smart defender. TA has someway to go on in that area of his game.
has been a lot better than others named like Marley Williams. Shouldn't have been dropped. Even after playing VFL game.

Pies have lacked a defender/kick in like Leon for years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
has been a lot better than others named like Marley Williams. Shouldn't have been dropped. Even after playing VFL game.

Pies have lacked a defender/kick in like Leon for years

Marley Williams is a shut down defender though. His rebound is a bonus.

The Magnificent Seven

Bucks Lockdown Beard, The Sherriff, Rrrooocccaaa
Jun 4, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

General Soreness

Awkward Squad
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood