Tony Lockett full back at Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what goes on in the head of the OP, but I suppose it's not completely out of the question that he has the wrong ground!! We played the Saints at Moorabbin and Waverley Park as well during those years (1985-90), and there was also an MCG game in 1990 (BT didn't play).

Just looking at the non-Victoria Park games vs. St Kilda that Taylor played in: https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/B/Brian_Taylor.html
1985: Taylor only kicked 2 (M) and 3 (WP).
1986: Taylor kicked 7 (WP) but Lockett didn't play, and just 2 (WP).
1987: Taylor only kicked 1 (M), Lockett booted 8 and the Saints had a rare win against us.
1988: Taylor was goalless (M) but Lockett wasn't playing anyway.

So in Collingwood vs St Kilda games away from Victoria Park in those years (when Lockett played for the opposition) Taylor booted 3, 2, 2, & 1 goals.

Nothing comes close to matching the OP's description (even if it was at a different ground) of " St Kilda coming to Vic Park and getting belted. BT dominated to an extent that the St Kilda coach sent Tony Lockett to full-back to play on him." So it's still fair to conclude that it never happened (anywhere)!!
Cheers.
I knew you’d have the answers.

I remember the 1989 Victoria park game pretty well ( wasn't drinking), stood on the hill in front of the scoreboard.
Plugger definitely played at full forward all game and as someone said had limited opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back