Crowman32

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ADELAIDE
Ive always thought how good it would be if there was a dvd or some sort of documentry etc on tony modras whole career. I know there was a video/dvd back in 93 this fabulous century on mods but how good would it be to have a whole dvd on modras careers, all his big marks,great goals and great stories a long the way. A once in a lifetime sort of a player surely all supporters including opposition supporters would love to see.

I kow dvds are a thing of the past but surely somethong could be done. I would love to see the AFC do this.

Modra was easily the most exciting player i have ever seen and will ever see. Eddie betts was brilliant to watch play for us as well but in all due respect to him he isnt even close to how exciting it was to watch modra play.

Still to this day modras mark in 94 against brisbane at the gabba was the best mark he ever took (still pissed off he didnt win mark of the year when they gave it to ablett who barely even the marked the ball). His other mark i loved was the one he took for fremantle against geelong in wa.

I know there is you tube which is always great to see highlights of modra but ive always thought his career deserved to have another dvd made on him especially to the younger generation who never got to see him play.

Ive always thought how good it would be if there was a dvd or some sort of documentry etc on tony modras whole career. I know there was a video/dvd back in 93 this fabulous century on mods but how good would it be to have a whole dvd on modras careers, all his big marks,great goals and great stories a long the way. A once in a lifetime sort of a player surely all supporters including opposition supporters would love to see.

I kow dvds are a thing of the past but surely somethong could be done. I would love to see the AFC do this.

Modra was easily the most exciting player i have ever seen and will ever see. Eddie betts was brilliant to watch play for us as well but in all due respect to him he isnt even close to how exciting it was to watch modra play.

Still to this day modras mark in 94 against brisbane at the gabba was the best mark he ever took (still pissed off he didnt win mark of the year when they gave it to ablett who barely even the marked the ball). His other mark i loved was the one he took for fremantle against geelong in wa.

I know there is you tube which is always great to see highlights of modra but ive always thought his career deserved to have another dvd made on him especially to the younger generation who never got to see him play.

Our club isn’t that lateral in its thinking as you are. I reckon anyone could do it, approach Mods for some interview footage to accompany the highlight reel. Hire a uni student studying video production to put it together. It would be good to include the lows as well like him missing the GF to round out the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If youre a surfer, I suggest you surf. There is one out there.

I know because I recollect vaguely seeing it years ago.

How was the silver service delivery from multiple players. If only Tex could get that from the midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats fascinating you say that I actually viewed it differently. Yes some passes were special, but a lot were hospital deliveries kicked high into the forward line which should have made it easier for the defender.

SOS was useless that they had to shift him off him.

My favourite mark of his was the one against North (the daytime mark) in the goal square, he took it on Mick Martin. Mick had mark of the year sewn up and it was the final round of the year (IIRC) after mods got up from his speccy he told mick “thanks for the car” lol apparently.

My favourite mark of his was the one against North (the daytime mark) in the goal square, he took it on Mick Martin. Mick had mark of the year sewn up and it was the final round of the year (IIRC) after mods got up from his speccy he told mick “thanks for the car” lol apparently.

I thought you got your dates and facts wrong. No you were right.

Its tough to pick the better mark tbh.

Thats fascinating you say that I actually viewed it differently. Yes some passes were special, but a lot were hospital deliveries kicked high into the forward line which should have made it easier for the defender.

Modra was gonna get dropped for this game because he got pissed on his birthday with mates (he missed the last training session), team mates were filthy at him.

It was on open mic (mods words), he ended up playing then proceeded to kick 7 on SoS then they moved him onto someone else. Still ended up with 13.

I was front row to that mark, literally right in front of me. It was bloody awesome. There was another angle, that is rarely seen of the mark. I would love to get hold of it as that was the only footage where I wasn’t obscured by the bloody post!!!

Would love to see a Modra/Burton marks and unorthodox goals compilation DVD.

Modra at the peak of his powers was nearly unbeatable - rare combination of sticky hands and great goal kicking sense. Burton was pretty close in the highlights department, his marking probably as good as Modra and was uncanny around goals too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was front row to that mark, literally right in front of me. It was bloody awesome. There was another angle, that is rarely seen of the mark. I would love to get hold of it as that was the only footage where I wasn’t obscured by the bloody post!!!
this one?

26169595_10155039542556440_8468161804754971782_n.jpg

If I could get my hands on a few more games at better quality I could probably put something together with all modras Marks and/or goals or get someone to. I need round 1 1993 vs Richmond and round 2 1995 vs brisbane, the two ansett cup games of 97 plus a couple others that I cant think of off the top of my head

Briallant coaching and application from the forwards. Mids knew where the space was going to be, smart was a clever reader of the play at chf and made that space for modra. The talent in that side was crazy.

Modra completely blew silvagni in every aspect. Silvagni got dirty early.

tmp_9618-Screenshot_20191027-1058544358712864908181076.jpg

Mods said martyn was his toughest opponanent. Said the thing that pissed him off the most was being a step ladder. I don't know why someone didn't point out to Martyn that with modra he wasn't a step ladder but a 6 foot 4 hurdle .

My favourite Modra Mark was the one against Brisbane. He just hung up there on top of champion

It's insane how good he was. He was Eddie Betts on the ground but Jeremy Howe in the air. If he kicked those goals today the media would be losing their minds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back