List Mgmt. Tony Shaw says Pies need to make 10 List Changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

WILL THEY STAY OR WILL THEY GO?

Tony Shaw says these Magpies face uncertain futures.

Dane Swan (out of contract 2016)

Nathan Brown (2016)

Jarrod Witts (2016)

Jack Frost (2016)

Jarryd Blair (2016)

Alan Toovey (2016)

Brent Macaffer (2016)

Corey Gault (2016)

Marley Williams (2017)

Travis Cloke (2017)

Tyson Goldsack

No one will disagree with those names, but you can't get rid of all of your depth in one season especially to a side where senior leadership depth is already lacking. One of Frost and Brown need to be retained and the others spread across a couple of seasons. Even if they only play VFL the younger players can benefit from running out alongside a more experienced group and the same goes for the training track.

I don't think his comments are that far off the mark. Some are a little questionable but not that far off. The club needs a clean out and the uncontracted players at the end of what has been another poor year should be concerned.

Well wasn't that a very obvious article, thanks Tony.
So Tony reads the Magpie board on Bigfooty.....
Apart from Tony's plagiarizing this board this is not even thread worthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Tis the season for ex-coaches, ex-captains and other ex-stars, to make bleedingly obvious statements about their struggling former clubs. The statements tend to follow bad losses.
Positioning themselves for jobs as special commentators during the finals.
Unfortunately for Tony Pies are not going to be there so he needs to manufacture a story to make himself relevant.
As a former Collingwood and Premiership Captain he should not have to "dance a jig" and whore himself out for the media brothels.

Seems a bit light on to be honest.

I'd agree all those names would have a question mark, but you would have to add Broomhead (rumours he may either leave the game or return to SA), Goodyear (another undersized poor disposal mid who hasnt shown a heck of a lot), and Sier could be a candidate for dropping to the rookie list. If we are including rookies as we seem to, I cant see Golds getting another year, and Wyatt has looked no better than Richmond who was cut after one season.

Now, logic suggests we wont make that many changes, but what that probably means is we will be keeping guys who in an ideal world we would probably have cut simply to avoid turmoil. If we lose the likes of Broomhead, Williams, Goldsack, Cloke, Brown who we would probably like to keep, it will give a reprieve to some who probably really need to go.

I'm coming round to Saintly Viewed's assessment of our list, and maybe medium is optimistic.

WILL THEY STAY OR WILL THEY GO?

Tony Shaw says these Magpies face uncertain futures.

Dane Swan (out of contract 2016)

Nathan Brown (2016)

Jarrod Witts (2016)

Jack Frost (2016)

Jarryd Blair (2016)

Alan Toovey (2016)

Brent Macaffer (2016)

Corey Gault (2016)

Marley Williams (2017)

Travis Cloke (2017)

Tyson Goldsack
To Mr Shaw:

thank you captain obvious

Tony Shaw's good coaching decisions:
- Blooding a short, rookie listed player who would go on to become a ten year Collingwood player in Tarkyn Lockyer.
- Not delisting Sav Rocca (cheers MM)

I think that's the exhaustive list right there?

The guy is as relevant for providing "expert" comments as Bring_Back_Brad is. At least by stating the bleeding obvious he might get close to the mark for a change.

I also don't want to be seen as getting stuck into Tony Shaw. If ever a player consistently put his body on the line for our club, it was Tony. I've never seen anyone on the bottom of so many packs, year after year. As a player, he has great integrity.

But his comments really are obvious. It might help us more if he examined other potential solutions, as an alternative to a clean out of those proportions. Again, we would be losing a lot of experience, which we can ill afford to do.

We can't seem to strike the balance between retention of still performing senior players, and bringing in talented but often raw or not quite ready youngsters.

'Tis the season for ex-coaches, ex-captains and other ex-stars, to make bleedingly obvious statements about their struggling former clubs. The statements tend to follow bad losses.
Would love to see one of them go rogue and write one of these type of articles after a big win.

he is right, but any supporter can see thats how many changes we need to make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back