List Mgmt. Too late to rethink on Witts?

Remove this Banner Ad

First round? Second round pick? ...How about 2 late 3rd round picks?

Highway robbery? Bloody monash freeway in peak hour coming out of the city at 5pm robbery!!!

Like I said, feeling a bit foolish now. Wittsy went for a bargain basement price.

Not really a third and a fifth combined are worth a second. roughly his worth

Points total associated with those picks is equal to pick 37 which is the first pick of the 3rd round.

If a F/S discount was applied to those picks the trade enables us to cover a bid on Brown or Daicos from about 27-28 onwards.

EDIT: Just had a look at the updated indicative draft order and after compo and priority picks are added in you are right pick 37 is and end of 2nd round pick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Witts, I wish him all the best at GC.

But to be bruatally honest, he can only play a ruck role which limits his chances of playing in our 22. He lacks aggression at the contest.

On the pros, I do believe he can read the game although he is still developing in the ruck and he has a fair kick on him.

In my view he doesn't do enough given his size and presence. Buckley had made point of this at times last year.

I wish him all the best. He will need to take his game to another level to maintain a senior game in any team. Maybe more game time will work in his favour.

For the Pies, Grundy all the way. Took giant strides this year and I expect his form will continue into 2017 and beyond. There's a lot to like about him and he is starting to resemble a dean cox

AS usual got very little for a future ruck that's probalby going to be very good, a lot of great rucks are still very ordinary at his age.

Respect to Witts for that message and for trying to fight for his career in 2016.

It seems I overrated him as I thought we would get a better return. :(

All the best Witts at the Gold Goast Suns. :thumbsu:

No you didn't. What happened is we all over-rated our recruitment departments ability to negotiate a decent deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we won't get to see Grundy dominate Witts.
there is a good chance that there will be a witts vs grundy match in the future. and if it happens it will be fun to watch

Witts had to go. Best thing IMO that we just put the time into Grundy and watch him develop. Both can't play in the same team and the only way we would've got good currency for Witts in any trade would be to play him over Grundy so it's a catch 22. Disappointing but best thing for both the club and Witts. Wish him all the best but we've done what's right for all.

So what was your plan?
You know, in hindsight.
Not in the heat of the trade period moment and all that.

My "plan" would of been to not get absolutely robbed in most of our trades, especially when they're involving promising youngsters (Witts/Williams) or Ex-AA KPP players.

Getting some picks in the 35-50 range would be very reasonable for some of them, instead we get 105.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back