Too many "white guys" talking about footy on TV?

Remove this Banner Ad

When I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought, "this is going to be delicious." And you didn't disappoint. Some of the boneheaded sexism (and racism for that matter. What a twofer) that went on was just delectable. My favourite comment was about how someone didn't like Kelli Underwood's voice, but enjoyed her work on a panel show. :drunk:

Another favourite was when people (men) complained that having a more diversified industry was "sexist" or "tokenistic." Bloody women, at it again. Ruining our great game with their desire to be included in things. It's a bloody outrage. I could explain to you why you are wrong (you are), but there's simply no point. You'll go back to your cave and whinge that "political correctness has gone mad." I know, it must be awful to not be able to use racial slurs and treat women like sub-humans. I feel for you, I really do. But do us all a favour and just walk into the ocean and never come back.

Football is a man's place. I mean sure, for decades women have also followed and enjoyed football, but that's beside the point. Women don't actually enjoy football. I mean, how could they? They never played the game at the elite level. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a goal and a point. It would be anarchy! Imagine female sports commentators. They'd spend the entire game playing with dolls and talking about the colour pink.

There are hardly any female football media personalities because for decades men have considered women too fragile for football, mentally and physically. As a sport and as a nation, we are all the poorer for it. Seriously, if you have a problem with allowing greater representation of the broader community, please suck my genitals. Suck them, for that is all you are good for.

Yeah, when black people call me a honkey I get really upset. If only there was some sort of derogatory word I could use in response.

How many ethnic groupings in Australia? Im not talking about racism towards white anglo australia Im talking racism towards disadvantaged groups and common whipping boy groups

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PC is also an abbreviation for the Prevention of Campaignerness (edit - gotta love auto-correct!), which is kinda the point of it...choose alternative words which don't piss off the target of the description in the same way you don't like them being arseholes to you...

That said, I'd much rather knowledgeable and articulate seasoned commentators, than the obligatory ex-player or a token black handicapped lesbian Muslim, neither of whom are necessarily more adept or more palatable at the job of commentary than Anthony Hudson, who is none of any of the above...

I also wish they'd cut out the gruff crescendo s**t that's been creeping in lately...MacAvaney sounds like Batman when the game gets close these days, and when Kelly Underwood tried to do it a few years back, we hit a new low...just talk the game ffs...

I hate people sometimes. Let's get a token black guy a token Asian and a token Muslim to commentate with Bruce to shut everyone up.

Too many white men inventing, building, creating ,designing, manufacturing and generally driving the economy too..

Sooooooooooooo racist and sexist

Last edited:
BigFooty is CONSTANTLY bitching about the likes of BT, King, Robbo, Darcy, Hamish et al but the moment someone questions the absence of females and minorities in the footy media, you fall all over yourselves to defend "the most qualified person" getting the job.

Mind numbing some posters think that disliking a few commentators actually validates token diversity..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back