Tool - FEAR INOCULUM

Remove this Banner Ad

A leak from a US record store suggests that the package could include some kind of LED:

Tool
Fear Inoculum (CD bundle) Default Title

Release Date: 8/30/19
RCA Records –
Limited Edition Tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring:
Compact disc (79 MINUTES OF MUSIC)
4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage
charging cable
2 watt speaker
30+ page book
MP3 download card (89 MINUTES OF MUSIC)
Regular price $44.98

Meh.

5th best album all but guaranteed. The last four lead singles were Sober, Stinkfist, Schism and Vicarious (among the best tracks on those respective albums and good lead single picks). I sure hope this one has better to offer than that.

Last edited:
Had a Eulogy and H vibe early then went into a 46 & 2 sounding bass riff in the bridge. If they return to something resembling an Aenima era sound most people are going to be very happy.

Maynard is back to his very best.

Has a very Puscifer breakdown for about 15 seconds late in the piece

There is one part where Maynard sounds just like he does in Grand Canyon.

I had to remind myself that every Puscifer album has come out since 10k Days.

Loving the track so far. Took a few listens to sink in as there is a lot going on. I’m loving the structure (shared with Descending and Invincible) of having very long songs with distinct movements within them.

Great song, love the second half in particular. Maynard's voice has aged quite a bit in the last 13 years, it's a little unrealistic to expect it to sound otherwise.

Bring on Aug 30!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A leak from a US record store suggests that the package could include some kind of LED:

Tool
Fear Inoculum (CD bundle) Default Title

Release Date: 8/30/19
RCA Records –
Limited Edition Tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring:
Compact disc (79 MINUTES OF MUSIC)
4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage
charging cable
2 watt speaker
30+ page book
MP3 download card (89 MINUTES OF MUSIC)
Regular price $44.98
I want Vinyl

I think the new song might be a grower.

It's an interesting choice for a single. It sounds like track 1 of the album to me. It feels like the whole track is building towards something and only partially gets there, like it's leading to what's next which I figure is the rest of the album. Invincible is a much more immediately banging song which I suppose is why they debuted that and Descending live. Fear Innoculum took me my first listen just to get a feel for where everything is, it was second to fifth listens that I really fell in love with the song. Invincible is more like 'oh, this is an interesting guitar intro... and here I am... holy s**t that bass riff! I LOVE THIS ALREADY!'.

Overall, having heard three songs I'd say I'm extremely hyped for the whole album. The studio track has a beautiful mix, IMO. Gives each instrument space, nothing feels too loud or like it's drowned out, nowhere does it sound muddy, feels like there is plenty of dynamic range as well.

Pre-ordered the limited edition from JB. $140, bloody Sony gouging Australians. I understand this packaging is what delayed the album from a possible May-July release as well so it better be mind-blowing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back