Tool to tour in 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw them play Merkaba in 1997..... They opened with Third Eye that night. Little old Thebarton Theatre in Adelaide.

Incredible night.... Maynard was painted blue.

One of my favourite bits of footage is from 97 in London when a blue MJK tackles a fan who had jumped on stage to the ground, mounted him and continued to sing :p

Had a look at the setlists.

I'd love to know why they've dropped Undertow from the reportiore. If setlists.fm is accurate (and it's usually pretty close) they haven't played it since 2002. In my top 5 tool songs. The bit where it slows down and changes time and the drum roll is 10 seconds of musical orgasm imo.

The Grudge is another they haven't played since 2002. Not my favourite (although probably squeeze into my top ten), but i reckon it's probably their most suited song to a live setting. The scream to the end might be a stretch too far for Maynard these days, but if i was being honest personally I actually don't like that part.

I'd love to know why they've dropped Undertow from the reportiore. If setlists.fm is accurate (and it's usually pretty close) they haven't played it since 2002. In my top 5 tool songs. The bit where it slows down and changes time and the drum roll is 10 seconds of musical orgasm imo.

The Grudge is another they haven't played since 2002. Not my favourite (although probably squeeze into my top ten), but i reckon it's probably their most suited song to a live setting. The scream to the end might be a stretch too far for Maynard these days, but if i was being honest personally I actually don't like that part.

Agree with both songs.... I'd also like to add Prison Sex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back