Tool to tour in 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/8104-lateralus/

Can someone please explain to me the above review.

1.9 / 10 for a masterpiece

With quotes like:

"So you'd think an 80-minute opus by Tool would be right up our alley. You'd be wrong."

"The problem is, Tool defines "opus" as taking their "defining element" (wanking sludge) and stretching it out to the maximum digital capacity of a compact disc."

But then the second part of the review talks about how tool and this album are basically his saviour?

Sometimes I like pitchfork, if nothing else they are at least a good channel to discover new music even if they're reviews are 99% of the time up their own arse, but sometimes they take it to the extreme of music snobbery.

Yep, remember that. Exai just got a 5.9 too, with lots of silly, infactual points raised. It can be a good news site though.

Saw Puscifer last night. Anyone else go?

3 Cities get second shows and still no Perth show in our brand new Perth Arena… for shame. Went from pure joy to pure dismay in the space of 10 mins when I heard they were touring

3 Cities get second shows and still no Perth show in our brand new Perth Arena… for shame. Went from pure joy to pure dismay in the space of 10 mins when I heard they were touring
That sucks donkey balls man.
Even if by going to Perth they don't make as much money as the east coast, they still won't lose money going there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was some DJ in Melbourne. Name was never mentioned.

Enjoyed both shows but certainly not the best i have seen the live. Maynard was not himself the first night. Don't think he was as ready as the other guys. Second night he was much more involved.

Was literally going to take off from pre-drinks at a mates until he went on twitter and sees its postponed to tomorrow. F****d off is an understatement

Drove 3 hours to see Tool and they cancelled an hour before the show and rescheduled to tomorrow when I am working. This is on top of already missing out on black sabbath in Melbourne tomorrow after already paying for airfares and tickets due to placement at uni because they waited so long to announce an Adelaide show. And I don't have the money to buy yet another ticket for that. **** my life and **** Tool. I know where they get their name from now at least.

13 years since Lateralus, 13 years since they did anything worthwhile.

big call, agree that 10,000 Days is their weakest album but Vicarious is great and I reckon Jambi is even better, criminally underated track. Kinda forgot how good it was until they played it live in Melbourne on the weekend. The Pot has its moments too.

Saw them in Adelaide last night. I’ll admit that I rarely listen to the band now, and was a little sceptical about seeing them tour again on the back of 10,000 Days.

Watched the first half of the show about half way to the back of the venue. Very restless crowd there I thought, too many w*nkers talking and going for beer every 10 minutes (typical of a gig at a “big” venue I spose). After the rather odd intermission we went closer to front, much better. Crowd-favourites off Aenima were well received after intermission (title track being my personal highlight). Maynard’s voice seemed to hold up ok, albeit a little restrained at times? Set was a little on the shortish side, probably for this reason..

Visually they always put on a great show. Lack of support band given the ticket prices was disappointing.

So overall a pretty good night. My wife who is 10x the Tool fan I am, loved it.

big call, agree that 10,000 Days is their weakest album but Vicarious is great and I reckon Jambi is even better, criminally underated track. Kinda forgot how good it was until they played it live in Melbourne on the weekend. The Pot has its moments too.

I wasn't a Jambi fan until I saw it live, * me that song explodes live, unbelievable. And I love Vicarious and the Pot too, 10,000 days goes on a bit though. And it's funny to say Tool haven't done anything good since Lateralus Schism, they've only done one album since then obviously!

And yeah, shattered I didn't see the Melbourne show, mate was getting tix and I said no cause I was already going to Sabbath, then I find out they played Hooker with a Penis, Opiate and Pushit, *!!!!!

I wasn't a Jambi fan until I saw it live, **** me that song explodes live, unbelievable. And I love Vicarious and the Pot too, 10,000 days goes on a bit though. And it's funny to say Tool haven't done anything good since Lateralus Schism, they've only done one album since then obviously!

And yeah, shattered I didn't see the Melbourne show, mate was getting tix and I said no cause I was already going to Sabbath, then I find out they played Hooker with a Penis, Opiate and Pushit, ****!!!!!

Exactly, and what is the excuse? They lost me years ago. One album in 13 years, and really they've done one good alum since aenima, so one good album in 17 years. All the members must be into their 50's by now. The new album will be s**t, otherwise it would have been released long ago. Tool have nothing left, we know it and most importantly they know it.

I don't remember where it is but there was an interview with Danny Carey at least 3 years ago saying they had all but finished the new album and just had to record it.

Vicarious and Jambi were decent but both were blatant Meshuggah worship...which would be fine if the rest of the album wasn't garbage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back