Tool

Remove this Banner Ad

Been listening to Puscifer's (Maynard's solo work) latest album a lot lately. Really enjoying it. Much better then V for Vagina.

Criminally underrated band . They are huge within the rock community.

Easily the greatest rock band of the 2000's

Big fan of Tool, especially Aenima which would be close to my favourite album of all time.

Not really much of a fan of A Perfect Circle though, tried to give them a chance because of Maynard but they're like Tool Lite.

It was hard to acknowledge A Perfect Circle at 1st. The music was better than good.

Tool's music was on another planet.

Have struggled to like them, despite many people I respect virtually creaming themselves at the mere mention of their name! Saw them at BDO last year and it still didn't do much for me, but have since got into Aenima and Lateralus - fine albums.

Love Tool, particularly Lateralus. I have a special love for rhythm sections, of which I find Tool's the best of the last 20+ years.

Enjoy A Perfect Circle as well, especially Thirteenth Step.

Was more into them when I was younger, but still an incredible band.

Undertow and Aenima are my favourite albums from them. Aenima was once my 2nd favourite album a couple of years ago, but it would probably struggle to make the top 40 for me now.

It's been nearly six years since their last album :( Even by Tool standards that is a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great band and I dont think they are underrated they are probably one of the most popular and highly regarded bands in the world. Underexposed is probably more accurate but that is probably the way they want it.

My favourite albums of their's are Aenima and Lateralus, I used to listen to Aenima all the time back in the day just couldnt get sick of it. But there is a lot of detail in that album.

I first saw them live at rod laver in 2002 and that was a great concert, the second one was at the music bowl in 06/07 and it was pretty crap, mainly coz of the set list and that the bowl sucks as a venue. I was more interested in this guy that climbed the roof. Pretty much half the crowd was.

I loved Mer De Noms as well great album, thirteenth step not so much.

Yeah, like most people was massively into Tool in high school. I was pretty early on the uptake with iPod's and used to sneakily listen to Aenima and Lateralus all the time in class.

Can't say I was really grabbed by 10 000 Days. The one-two punch of Jambi and Vicarious is awesome though.

If they released another album I'd drop back into nostalgia quickly and spend two days just pumping it out and having a few beers.

Used to love Tool.

Then I took up guitar and my world was shattered. Upon reading the TABs, I discovered my idols had only ever written one riff, and used it again and again :thumbsdown:

Really like the music. But all the "deep and meaningful" stuff behind it and Maynard's raging ego s**t me to tears.

Seen them twice and they were great at both.

Used to love Tool.

Then I took up guitar and my world was shattered. Upon reading the TABs, I discovered my idols had only ever written one riff, and used it again and again :thumbsdown:

Tool's music really centres around the rhythm not the melody anyway. I never really bother to play Tool on guitar cause there's not much point without the bass and drums anyway.

Aenima and Lateralus are incredible albums, among my favourites.

All their other stuff is fairly hit and miss.

Definitely not underrated though.

Crap band. There's hardly an enjoyable song in their whole catalogue. Then again metal bores me :cool::thumbsdown: Gimme real prog. So much better it's not funny ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back