Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daics35Marvel

All Australian
Jun 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm sure quite a lot of you have developed spreadsheets and other tools to help you manage your SuperCoach team. I'm pretty proud of mine so I thought I'd share a link.

Basically, this tool works by finding the best possible team for my money. I input a bunch of info and then push a button and let it find how I can maximize my points given the available salary. It contains historical averages and games played for each player going back to 2005. I use this info, as well as NAB Cup info to estimate the average PPG and games played for each player for the current year. I can tell it which players are unavailable or which ones it must pick.

Other constraints I can input are the minimum and maximum number of 1st year players and the salary distribution by defence, mids, fwds and rucks.

Here's a little video of it. I put it together with the thought of maybe one day making some money off it, so I'm not going to share the tool itself.

I love to hear about other tools that people have put together.

I have a whiteboard and my mind.

Whatever works mate. :thumbsu:

I've gone a bit overboard with this but it's slowly been coming together for a few years. I make software like this for a living and enjoy solving big mathematical problems, so this has been fun to put together.

Whatever works mate. :thumbsu:

I've gone a bit overboard with this but it's slowly been coming together for a few years. I make software like this for a living and enjoy solving big mathematical problems, so this has been fun to put together.

It shows!

Looks excellent tbh

Does it scrape the live updated SC scores for real time analysis?

Thanks mate.

No it doesn't do real time scores. Maybe one day.

If it can make the right upgrade/downgrade decisions and trades...then it is the real tool.

How does it go for bye preparation? that would be something to see

If it can make the right upgrade/downgrade decisions and trades...then it is the real tool.

How does it go for bye preparation? that would be something to see

I use it for upgrades and downgrades. Each week I put in the updated scores and salaries and tell it which players are in my team already. If you give it 2 trades, it'll find the best downgrade and upgrade each week.

You have to be careful though because it is greedy and can't plan ahead. If there is a better upgrade target next week, it can't see that. Similarly, it doesn't forecast salaries so it can't tell you that it might be best to wait a week or two before trading a player (that's a feature that I might add). Like most tools, it's only as good as the person using it.

As for bye preparation, the lack of forward forecasts limits its usefulness.

Hey Daics where did you end up last year ....overall?

I can't remember the exact number. I consistently finish top 5000 but I play to win my cash league, so I play a conservative game, keeping some trades up my sleeve through the finals to cover injuries.

A few years back I was in the top 100 for several rounds but I've never finished that high up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back