Society/Culture #Toostrongforyoukaren

Remove this Banner Ad

Most criminals aren’t OVERTLY criminal, you understand. They just wait until you leave your back door unlocked and then...

Mind boggling stuff.
I’d suggest there would be uproar if someone posted the same logic relating to Muslim terror attacks, “yeah the extremists are racist and hate western society. But maybe we need to look at what western society did to them before we make judgement”

Giving Taylor a lot of leeway especially when she got on here to insult the victim ASAP. But nah. It’s all just because he hates tribalism

I understand the frustration and irritation, but I don't think Shandog meant the same thing Taylor did.
I think he just wanted to calm things down, and has accidentally escalated it.
He doesn't know everything that happened in this thread, and he hasn't seen all the posts. But now we're forcing him to defend a position that I don't think he wants to be in.

It's the xmas holidays, moderation is a s**t job. Shandog is centre right, and doesn't JAQ off.

Most people can see what's happened in this thread, and know whats going on. The points been made. Let's take a break for a little bit?
Correct you are. I'm done here.

I never had issue with people calling it racist. FMD. The history helps provide some additional context and info. I know we aren't a courtroom but the same principles should generally apply i.e. get to know as much of the story as possible.
So what relevance does the personal history have?

why is Taylor insulting the victim not something that irks you? That seems pretty tribal

I think he just wanted to calm things down, and has accidentally escalated it.

This is possibly the best point you have ever posted, and it speaks volumes for the audience he is currently addressing.

He doesn't know everything that happened in this thread, and he hasn't seen all the posts. But now we're forcing him to defend a position that I don't think he wants to be in.

It’s not that long a thread. He’s been invited to go back and look at where this has started. If he’s just posting, fine. But if he’s posting in his capacity as a mod, maybe he should do just that.

It’s not that long a thread. He’s been invited to go back and look at where this has started. If he’s just posting, fine. But if he’s posting in his capacity as a mod, maybe he should do just that.

and throwing around abuse too which is ironic considering the so called “pile on” to Taylor views

Last edited:
and throwing around abuse too which is ironical considering the so called “pile on” to Taylor views
Yeah, the report thing wasn't great.

I just felt that the frustration was being redirected.

He didn't imply that the victims were at fault. He was just trying to justify what he thought Taylor's position was.
I think that was an important difference.

No, bullshit. What you don't get is that you're placing someone in a box labelled "racist" simply because they aren't so willing to automatically attribute racism as the cause for the incidents discussed in this thread. You're playing the idiot's game of "you're not signalling your anti-racism hysteria loudly enough, so you must therefore be a racist". This is bottom-feeding bullshit and intellectually lazy. In fact, not lazy - just downright moronic, and contributes to the gutter trash tribalism that infects this board and the wider political discourse like a brain-draining disease.
That's probably correct 70% of the time. The other 30% is when people genuinely have had enough of personally experienced racist abuse or seeing others justify racist abuse in such a self entitled way ie; "not a racist- my mates are black", "they don't even want to integrate", "go back to where you come from if you don't like it", "it was only a joke", "I'm not a racist get over yourself" etc

Some people go through that s**t on a daily basis and are perfectly entitled to, at the very least, bring it up every now and then. The key is filtering out the virtue signalling attention seekers as your point suggests

I’d suggest there would be uproar if someone posted the same logic relating to Muslim terror attacks, “yeah the extremists are racist and hate western society. But maybe we need to look at what western society did to them before we make judgement”

Giving Taylor a lot of leeway especially when she got on here to insult the victim ASAP. But nah. It’s all just because he hates tribalism
There probably would be an uproar but that wouldn't detract from the fact that it would be a very pertinent question.

I'm still a little confused on how 'the whole picture' is required to decide if a racist rant was racist or not.

Regardless of what came before it, racist language is still racist.

Attempting to justify racism by looking for some complex chain of events prior if fraught with danger.

Short of someone harming a member of your family, provocation is not a valid justification for s**t behavior.

I'm not sure if Taylor was getting the wrong point across and that both parties are guilty of poor behavior, but from my view of the thread people having been condemning the behavior moreso than the people.

It's reasonable to ask about this history between that parties, but it certainly shouldn't prevent anyone from condemning s**t behavior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious.

Aren't you the child that rallies Geelong moderators to ban opposition supporters from the Geelong board simply because they have an opposing view?

You're the living example of an intolerant, extremist fruit loop.
Nailed him in one. He’s a typical self righteous left wing hypocrite. Preaches tolerance, brotherhood of man, love thy neighbour etc, etc, etc. But God help you if you disagree even mildly with their dogmatic view of the world. All hell breaks loose; personal abuse, misrepresentation, smears and their favourite tags to label heretics ( racist, fascist, homophobe, misogynist, sexist, ect,ect. ) all designed to silence dissenters. Heaven protect us from so called “tolerant” lefties.

Why does everything have to be an argument? I'm just trying to say what you brought up was a good point that people don't often seem to have the intellectual courage to address.
It’s not an argument. You responded to me, and I asked you a question, you then said you were talking about a seperate point to what I was saying.

Unfortunately I can't put people on ignore. And given my life doesn't revolve around BF, I tend to forget which dill has been annoying fairly quickly. Second time is a charm though, I imagine.
No I meant you said you were leaving this thread just before...when you were whinging about something and suspending users.
You’ve never told me you’re not going to reply anymore.

I don’t get why you’d want to mod a site that you don’t like being asked questions of your opinion.

Two days ago, New Matilda emailed the Victoria Police media unit a series of questions about their inaction. They simply ignored it.

How is it, you might ask, that an American takeaway restaurant responded more proactively and firmly to an Australian hate-crime than the Mildura Police?

No I meant you said you were leaving this thread just before...when you were whinging about something and suspending users.
You’ve never told me you’re not going to reply anymore.

I don’t get why you’d want to mod a site that you don’t like being asked questions of your opinion.
There are genuine questions and then there are the trolls and those who are trying to gaslight. One is fine. The others get far too much of my time as it is.

There are genuine questions and then there are the trolls and those who are trying to gaslight. One is fine. The others get far too much of my time as it is.
You post vague responses that end up nothing to do with the post you’re quoting, then complain you’re being trolled...

in a thread that you’ve been arguing on behalf of someone else, but haven’t read all of...

you’re very disingenuous

Nailed him in one. He’s a typical self righteous left wing hypocrite. Preaches tolerance, brotherhood of man, love thy neighbour etc, etc, etc. But God help you if you disagree even mildly with their dogmatic view of the world. All hell breaks loose; personal abuse, misrepresentation, smears and their favourite tags to label heretics ( racist, fascist, homophobe, misogynist, sexist, ect,ect. ) all designed to silence dissenters. Heaven protect us from so called “tolerant” lefties.
Thoughts and prayers

you sound very unhinged like your good friend Snakey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back