Top 10 favourite fighters?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #1
Top 10 MMA fighters. Can be past or present.

And for the select few that do like Boxing, same thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #2
In no order

Nate Diaz
Khabib
Conor mcGregor
Max Holloway
TJ Dillashaw
Cody Garbrandt
Alexander Gustafsson
GSP
Adesanya
Kelvin Gastelum

Rendaw

Team Captain
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Anaheim Ducks, LA Rams
Too dificult to rank them but here is my top 10.

Mcgregor
Jones
DC
Dillashaw
Chael Sonnen
Holloway
Whittaker
Ferguson
"Sugar" Sean O'Malley
Israel Adesanya

Last edited:

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #5
Mike Tyson
Marvin Hagler
Floyd Mayweather Jnr
Rocky Marciano
Kostya Tszyu
Muhammad Ali
Roy Jones Jnr
Sugar Ray Leonard
Tyson Fury
Vasyl Lomachenko

Awesome list

Mayweather
Kostya
Lomachenko
De La Hoya
Calzaghe
Golovkin
Tyson Eubank Jnr
Hopkins
Sugar Shane Mosely
Aaron Pryor

footyfan78

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Have not watched MMA long enough to have such a list. First I even remember of even taking notice of sport was a decade ago on trip overseas, some friends hanging out with had a mate and he was into UFC so much he was training to get into it as a sport. I just remember he was really passionate about it but as not on our tv, never really gave it much thought after that until saw Rhonda Rousey on some footy telecasts and realised the sport was starting to become so much bigger into mainstream almost. Still did not take much notice apart from heard on news she got smashed at Docklands a few years back. Still not enough on my radar to actually watch anything but highlights. I think it about 12 months ago I randomly come across some sport doco on SBS whilst flicking stations. At time really did not know much about Connor McGregor but he was both funny and interesting in way he mouthed off so kept watching whatever was on that night for an hour or so. I think it was some series that had episodes. I got no idea of how many on before this. Must have been late night marathon session on SBS for some reason. But was impressed he could talk some funny shit, actually get under skin of opponents but also had real confidence about him. Never heard so much shit spoken where the person almost believed their own shit since Ali, Stevie J and Mr. Modesty himself, Peter Bosustow...lol

As such I was very entertained but also impressed he actually beat champions he fought unlike the young knob about 5 or 6 weeks back speaking shit to Cowboy at press conference and could not back up any of the big talk in Octagon.

Since I got Kayo been watching quite a lot of UFC, not just the main fights but also found plenty of fights before main ones can be entertaining. Far more entertaining than most boxing fights I seen. Before had Kayo was able to see most of the pre-fights to Khabib v McGregor by some dodgy means and loved the fights with heavyweight Derrick Smith and then the bloodbath Tony Ferguson fight before Khabib v McGregor was super to watch. Watched heaps since then so virtually follow it way more closely than 4 months back. First fight card seen on Kayo was one in Adelaide. Crute impressed me as first fight but did not know he an Aussie from Bendigo in my own state until after that fight. McGregor, Derrick Smith, Crute and others now got me fully interested. After football and cricket it has probably replaced Tennis as next sport I watch.

But my knowledge of past eras of MMA is limited as a result to have a top ten favourite fighters.

So I will combine Boxing and UFC together to make a list.

No 1 is more actor but martial artist legend.-- Bruce Lee
No 2 is total actor but made a great movie boxing character - Rocky Balboa
No. 3 is the legend of Boxing himself and The Greatest he called himself with such aura-- ALI!!!! I reckon saw his last fight on tv as a kid at primary school of all places. That's how big he was. The teachers had it on for us to watch...lol
No. 4 Conor McGregor- anyone that can come even close to speaking as much shit as ALI did with similar confidence and get me interested in a new sport is only behind those other true legends.
No. 5 Mike Tyson- what a brute and uppercut
No. 6 Jeff Fenech - at his best was actually good to watch for someone only watch boxing from time to time.
No. 7 Sugar Ray Leonard
No. 8 Apollo Creed....lol.. the fights with Rocky Balboa were great cinema as a kid to see. Rocky 3 my first Rocky movie at cinema.
No. 9 Clubber Lang....lol good movie villain back then
No. 10 Jimmy Crute-- Just because he is a Vic and someone for me to follow from here in sport just starting to take a lot more notice of

Honourable mention to Hulk Hogan.. WWE is shit but as a little kid it was on tv and was funny to watch some of it with characters like Hulk Hogan and Killer Bees.

Last edited:

Joker91

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
In no particular order & only using fighters that haven't retired;

Miocic
Mcgregor
Garbrandt
Ortega