Top 10 Football Schools in the Country!

fev13

Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
The Top 5 would be hard to pick but this is how i think it would look.

1.Trinity College (WA)
2.Caufield Grammer (VIC)
3.Hailberry (VIC)
4.Sacred Heart (SA)
5.Xavier College (VIC)
6.Clontarf Aboriginal College (WA)
7.St Michaels (SA)?
8.Aquinas College (WA)
9.St Kevins (VIC)
10.Brighton (VIC)

Ive chucked in some more schools that could have easily made this group and im still unsure about St Micks at 7 but wat can ya do.

11.Wesley College (WA)
12.Governer Stirling Senior High (WA)
13.Melbourne Grammer (VIC)
14.Rochester Secondary College (SA)

Let me know wat you think?

Cheers

sharks19

Debutant
Jun 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Come on mate

aquinas wouldnt be that hight up the list... they lost to Wesley in PSA football they were a great footy school but there time has passed.

I'd think there also be some more SA schools in there.

macca231

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Real Madrid
You've been very biased toward aps schools. It is definately the strongest comp based on depth, although Caulfield, Haileybury and Xavier are the only ones that deserve a mention on a national scale. This is how the vic list would look:

1. PEGS
2. Caulfield
3. Haileybury
4. Parade
5. Xavier
6. St Bernards
7. Essendon Keilor College
8. St Kevins
9. Scotch
10. Brighton

EKC is a public school that runs a football academy and has around 20 tac cup listed players for anyone that didn't know who they were.

That is based on 07 teams, if you are going by history then you can't go past Assumption College, 140+ afl players have come from their school.

croweater_00

Draftee
Jun 29, 2007
unley
AFL Club
St Kilda
SHC and Rostrevor are the two dominant schools in S.A this year being the teams to go through to the knockout finals. Gotta have them in the top 10

fev13

Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Im not familiar with the other comps as ive only lived in melb for a short period of time, i knew of a couple of schools like De la Salle and St Josephs but didnt know if i should put them in cos i was unsure

macca231

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Real Madrid
Im not familiar with the other comps as ive only lived in melb for a short period of time, i knew of a couple of schools like De la Salle and St Josephs but didnt know if i should put them in cos i was unsure

The vic comp has three main leagues. Aps which is schools like Xavier, Haileybury, Caulfield etc. Ags which is PEGS, Assumption etc. And Acc which is Parade, Bernards, De La Salle, Joeys etc.

over the top

Team Captain
May 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You've been very biased toward aps schools. It is definately the strongest comp based on depth, although Caulfield, Haileybury and Xavier are the only ones that deserve a mention on a national scale. This is how the vic list would look:

1. PEGS
2. Caulfield
3. Haileybury
4. Parade
5. Xavier
6. St Bernards
8. St Kevins
9. Scotch
10. Brighton

EKC is a public school that runs a football academy and has around 20 tac cup listed players for anyone that didn't know who they were.

That is based on 07 teams, if you are going by history then you can't go past Assumption College, 140+ afl players have come from their school.

you would think bendigo would have to be in the mix there too. semi-finalists in the herald sun shield. they could go all the way. EKC didnt even get that far and theyre sitting 7 on your list. i think bendigo deserves a run there

macca231

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Real Madrid
you would think bendigo would have to be in the mix there too. semi-finalists in the herald sun shield. they could go all the way. EKC didnt even get that far and theyre sitting 7 on your list. i think bendigo deserves a run there

Haven't actually seen EKC play. Assumed that with 20 odd tac players they'd be good, and they aren't in the semi-finals of HSS because they were in the same group as PEGS. Maybe Bendigo deserve a spot, I haven't seen them play either, heard they have Selwood and some other good players though.

buffalopride

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
The Top 5 would be hard to pick but this is how i think it would look.

1.Trinity College (WA)
2.Caufield Grammer (VIC)
3.Hailberry (VIC)
4.Sacred Heart (SA)
5.Xavier College (VIC)
6.Clontarf Aboriginal College (WA)
7.St Michaels (SA)?
8.Aquinas College (WA)
9.St Kevins (VIC)
10.Brighton (VIC)

Ive chucked in some more schools that could have easily made this group and im still unsure about St Micks at 7 but wat can ya do.

11.Wesley College (WA)
12.Governer Stirling Senior High (WA)
13.Melbourne Grammer (VIC)
14.Rochester Secondary College (SA)

Let me know wat you think?

Cheers

mate did u wanna add PEGS MARCILLIn. pegs were vic champs last year very poor list.

KnockOut

All Australian
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Bernards have had some big names come through the ranks: Reynolds, Madden and Lloyd off the top of my head. This year they have two very likely types this year in Arrowsmith and Daniher. With Lucin and Rayner coming through the ranks at alarming speed.

macca231

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Real Madrid
1. PEGS, Vic
2. Trinity College, WA
3. Caulfield Grammar, Vic
4. Haileybury College, Vic
5. Parade College, Vic
6. Sacred Heart College, SA
7. Xavier College, Vic
8. St Bernards College, Vic
9. Clontarf Aboriginal College, WA
10. Rostrevor College, SA

Aquaman

Debutant
Jul 27, 2006
barbados
AFL Club
Melbourne
i dont think trinity would be number 2. after playing against trinity i think that caulfield would quite easily beat trinity. hailebury might aswell if they had a full team no injuries. xaviers full list might beat them also. its hard to say tho. their should almost be a national school carnival. that would be very exciting

sharks19

Debutant
Jun 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
yeh Aquaman i played in both those games against you and caulfield. It was a really tight game we only beat them by less than a goal i think but we had a couple of All Australians from last yr's 16's carnival missing aswell as other key players, I was told they had players missing too.

Dont forget either we are a year younger than all you boys :D

sniper5

Debutant
Suspended
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne

1. PEGS
2. Caulfield
3. Haileybury
4. Parade
5. Xavier
6. St Bernards
8. St Kevins
9. Scotch
10. Brighton

St patricks college dont get a run???

the_pill

Senior List
Sep 19, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Man. UTD, Barcelona, Clippers.
There are some pretty ordinary lists on here. This question has probably already been answered but i cant be bothered finding it but what exactly is this top 10 based on? Like now, past decade, ever?

Back