Top 10 Football Schools in the Country!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is teams at the moment, given there full lists up n running in neutral conditions.

A schoolboys carnival would go alright

You can write all time aswell im just trying to get a fair idea of the top football schools in the country.

I will make another top ten later when i get more posts in.

GOVO have WA Players in Notte, Natinui and Ellard (Scolarship to Guilford Grammor) and some more quality players like Banfield, Walters and co That will Play 18s next year?

Clontarf Are a very skilled team with the likes of Collard coming from there last year, Gerad Nesham (EX Freo Coach) is involved and they are just getting better and better

Fev 13 you seem to know quite alot about schoolboy foooty and trinity ? who are you ?

have you seen any trinity games this year ? i believe your being biased to them but i dont mind :cool:

Sharks mate we know you play for trinity but get off it, Trinitys not the best in the country, I dont think you realise that when Trinity played caulfield and scotch several TAC cup players were missing.

Fev, based on what you know about Trinity and the fact that they beat some good aps schools, how would you rate them against PEGS.

They have some standouts in Cotchin, Maric, Joyce, and Trengove. I think they had five guys in the U/18 Vic Metro squad, four eventually made the team. They also have 5 or 6 guys in the U/15 and U/16 teams, and a handful of other TAC cup players.

Their weakness is that they are pretty relient on their top four, although the others have stood up and delivered in games where Cotchin and Maric were away with the AIS.

Sharks... look at my posts I never said that WE were the best in the country... I said to Fev13 that i believed he was being biased to us and that I didnt mind it.

I started the thread saying that we must be up there with the best sides in the country... didnt say we were.... :eek:

I dont know anything about Pegs so i cant be sure from the hype around them they sound like a pretty good side. The boys from wa are also a year younger so i dont know wat would happen i know theres about 3 or 4 blokes from last years Trinity 1st 18 that are in the state 18s Not including an Embley who is aparentley pretty talented.

About the TAC Comment theres not many players on a good first 18 list that arn't in a Colts squad (Perths TAC Cup) and if there not 90% of the team play the next year because there a year younger than us and are still young enough to play.

There No dought Trinitys up there it would be a lie to say they wernt, wat would happen if you let the year 12s play another year so there age is now level with us, they have a ton of 15s state players coming through aswell.

To say that all your TAC cup players were out means that they would have been playing against mostley year 11s am i right? there own age?

Assumption College Kilmore has gone alright in previous years too. Just go over the last 10 years worth of Herald Sun Cup winners and you will find both St Pats and Assumption. Not too sure about Xavier or Scotch though.

Assumption cant be too flash considering Sacred Heart College (SA) beat them in last years exchange by 113 points...

Assumption cant be too flash considering Sacred Heart College (SA) beat them in last years exchange by 113 points...

Assumption have dropped off over the last 3-4 years as they aren't getting as many boarders due to the drought. Prior to that they were dominant and were basically a breeding ground for the vfl. Hardly lost a game in the ags and herald sun shield for decades.

They might be down at the moment but Assumption are a victim of their own high standards.
They joined the AGS in 1958 and have been premiers: 1959,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,70,74,75,76,77,78,79,80,81,82,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,96,01,02,03,04,05.

34 premierships in 50 odd seasons is unbelievable.
Many of these teams were never beaten.Hundreds have gone on to play VFL/AFL.

Show me a another school or club for that matter that comes even close to this record.

Assumption and St pats would without a doubt be up their in being the best history wise. As in the above post telling of assumptions winnings, st pats won the ballarat schools competition 49 years in a row and have also drafted heaps and heaps of players, including 2 brownlow medalists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. PEGS (VIC)
2. Clontarf (WA)
3. Caufield Grammar (VIC)
4. Trinity College (WA)
5. Xavier College (VIC)
6. St.Kevin's College (VIC)
7. Rostrevor College (SA)
8. Essendon Keilor College (VIC)
9. St.Patrick's College (VIC)
10. Sacred Heart College (SA)

Beat that!!

good top 10 i reckon seeing as I dont know an awful lot about Melbourne football although I can safely say Clontarf wouldnt be second. They are no way the best school football side in WA.

Rostrevor should be higher than St Kevs, seeing as they beat them in this years exchange and have a 2 game lead in the overall times they have played together (44-42). Sacred Heart are the dominent school in SA and would come close to beating any school in the country. This year waas the fist time they lost in 7 years and have been extremly dominent over the past few decades.

1. PEGS (VIC)
2. Clontarf (WA)
3. Caufield Grammar (VIC)
4. Trinity College (WA)
5. Xavier College (VIC)
6. St.Kevin's College (VIC)
7. Rostrevor College (SA)
8. Essendon Keilor College (VIC)
9. St.Patrick's College (VIC)
10. Sacred Heart College (SA)

Beat that!!

There are better Vic schools than Skevs, EKC and St Pats.

1. PEGS - Vic
2. Trinity College - WA
3. Caulfield Grammar - Vic
4. Sacred Heart College - Vic
5. Haileybury College - Vic
6. Clontarf - WA
7. Xavier College - Vic
8. Parade - Vic
9. Rostrevor College - SA
10. St Bernards College or Bendigo SC or St Josephs Geelong - All from Vic

What about Nudgee College QLD

they play some afl up there i think

theyd give you vics a flogging i reckon
fair dinkum

i mean they breed some pretty fierce real footballers
ie Elton Flatley

and one of your blokes jason Akermanis went there as well
so theres bound to be some guns up there as you fellas would say

My list would go something like this

1. Nudgee College 1st XV
2. Nudgee College 1st XVIII
3. Nudgee College Gymnastics Team
4. Trinity College 1st XVIII WA (since they beat your Vics best team from what i heard)
5. Trinity College 2nd XVII WA (if their first team beat you blokes by 40 odd points, the seconds team would propbly win by at least 15 pts)
6. Clontarf 1st XVIII WA (my cuzzin went there)
7. PEGS VIC whoever the *** they are
8. Caufield Grammar VIC again whoever the *** they are
9. St. Kevins VIC yeh wotever
10. Nudgee College Golf Team QLD

BEAT THAT

But nudgee would be no match for my school
im not gonna name it coz you vics will start Spamming me
PISS WEEK all of youse are

FAIR DINKUM

Seriously tho

i think its too hard to judge all the schools, coz even when you match them up like Football tours etc, games arent on the same level as they would be coz there are different factors you have to take into account like age difference, and then theres Fatigue from flights across the country

I think that theres a higher standard of footy in Victoria overall in the school systems so its probly easier for you guys to judge. But the teams against Trinity and Clontarf and teams from South Australia is virtually impossible coz your not playing them on a regular basis

but...

1. PEGS - Vic
2. Trinity College - WA
3. Caulfield Grammar - Vic
4. Sacred Heart College - Vic
5. Clontarf - WA
6. Haileybury College - Vic
7. Xavier College - Vic
8. Parade - Vic
9. Rostrevor College - SA
10. Wesley College -WA

gotta say st.pats deserve to be up there... 4 players drafted last year.. still dominant in the ballarat competition and were competitive in the herald shield this yr b4 losing to bendigo secondary, not to mention taking out the comp in 2005 and making semi finals in 06

gotta say st.pats deserve to be up there... 4 players drafted last year.. still dominant in the ballarat competition and were competitive in the herald shield this yr b4 losing to bendigo secondary, not to mention taking out the comp in 2005 and making semi finals in 06

Who were the guys drafted from St Pats last year. I know of the Brown brothers, who were the other 2? Also, who were the guys that got drafted from St Joeys Geelong?

1. Sacred Heart College - SA
2. Trinity Grammar - WA
3. PEGS - Vic
4. Caulfield Grammar - Vic
5. Xavier College - Vic
6. Rostrevor College - SA
7. Clontarf - WA
8. Parade College - Vic
9. Bendigo SC - Vic
10. St Patricks College - Vic

I think that is pretty fair. its definately the best list posted. Trinity and Sacred Heart were pretty tough to decide, they are both exceptional. Many people seem to be either state biased or APS/AGS biased. i think this is a fair list even though there will be some debate.

teams unlucky:
-Wesley (WA)
-Hailebury (Vic)
-St Kevins (Vic)
-Essendon Keilor College (Vic)

1. Sacred Heart College - SA
2. Trinity Grammar - WA
3. PEGS - Vic
4. Caulfield Grammar - Vic
5. Xavier College - Vic
6. Rostrevor College - SA
7. Clontarf - WA
8. Parade College - Vic
9. Bendigo SC - Vic
10. St Patricks College - Vic

I think that is pretty fair. its definately the best list posted. Trinity and Sacred Heart were pretty tough to decide, they are both exceptional. Many people seem to be either state biased or APS/AGS biased. i think this is a fair list even though there will be some debate.

teams unlucky:
-Wesley (WA)
-Hailebury (Vic)
-St Kevins (Vic)
-Essendon Keilor College (Vic)

Pretty good effort. I think Haileybury or St Joeys Geelong would be higher than St Pats. Pats were a powerhouse last year, but don't have such a strong team this year. Hard to tell between the top three, although I'd go with PEGS, with five U/18 Vic Metro and five U/16 and U15 Metro their pretty powerful this year. No I don't go their either, so I don't have a bias to them or any other school on the list.

Who were the guys drafted from St Pats last year. I know of the Brown brothers, who were the other 2? Also, who were the guys that got drafted from St Joeys Geelong?
mitch and nath brown, shaun grigg and matt tyler... the future's looking bright for st.pats with nick suban (yr.11) and ben peters (yr.10), with suban named the best player for vic. country this yr and is still bottom age, and ben more than holding his own in the u/ 16 champs

St. Michaels from South Australia have not been an exceptionally dominant side in the SA comp over the past decade but there side this year is fantastic. They have been the only team in 120 odd games to beat Sacred Heart College which they did earlier this season. They had 4 SA reps this year, Ebert, Fairclough, Staple and Broadbent and another player who was involved in the final 35.

If this thread is based on teams for this year alone, St Michaels would have to be in the top 10 you'd think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back