Top 10 games through the years

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys might be too young to remember but i loved Street Rod (PC), hot up cars (very basic but fun) drag and race other for your shot and the king! Leisure Suit Larry, had to learn who Nixon was just so you could actually play the thing. Bioshock is easily the best game of the next gen systems. Also loved Starcraft and Warcraft the original, awesome games
I remember feeling like I was being really naughty when I played Leisure Suit Larry.

These days the wrong word in Google will get you much much worse.

1) Quake 3 Arena - unbelievable amount of time I spent on this game. Got it almost a decade ago and still play it regularly.

2) Mario Kart 64 - another game I spent years playing, best fun with friends.

3) Half-Life 2 Deathmatch - Half Life 2 was great, but playing it online was even better. If it didn't make me feel sick every now and then it would probably be my favorite game.

4) Super Mario Bros. - The original and the best. Played it so much so, that I could clock it in under 10 minutes. Unlimited replay value for something so simple.

5) Shane Warne Cricket '99 - best sports game ever. I could listen to the commentary all day long.

6) GTA: Vice City - best in the series.

7) GTA: San Andreas - if this had the same setting as Vice City it would be sitting on top of my list.

8) Mario Kart Wii - early days still, but absolutely loving it.

9) Goldeneye - the best console shooter I've ever played.

10) Colin McRae Rally - couldn't really think of a number 10. Just remembered playing this game a lot.

Haha 5 minutes. Ridiculous and he done it flawlessly too. Only 1 mis-timed jump in that whole video where he didn't reach the top of the flag at the end of world 8-3 i think. Incredible though.

I figured he didn't go for that one because it would take more time. lol

For PC,in no particular order..

Crusader:No Remorse
Tie Fighter (CD)
Starcraft/Broodwar
Quake 1 (Actually,quakeworld)
Diablo 2 (before the overpowered runewords)
System shock 2
Baldurs gate 2
Privateer 2
Oblivion, although the levelling system basically ruined it
dunno...jedi knight maybe?

In no particular order.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. (PS2)
The Warriors. (PS2)
Mafia. (PS2)
Mario Golf. (N64)
Mario Kart. (N64)
Fifa 98. (N64)
Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. (PS2)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. (PC)
Donkey Kong Country 1&2.(SuperNintendo)

Super games. Amazing graphics, my favourite platformering series without a shadow of a doubt.

New List:

1. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. (PS2)
gtavckp2.jpg

2. The Warriors. (PS2)
thewarriorsjv0.jpg

3. Mario Golf. (N64)
albatrossoi1.jpg

4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (PS2)
gtasafz7.jpg

5. Donkey Kong Country 1&2.(SuperNintendo)
dkme9.jpg

6. Super Mario. (N64)
supermarionm0.jpg

7. GoldenEye 007. (N64)
goldeneyehf0.jpg

8. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. (PC)
mortarrd9.jpg

9. Mario Kart. (N64)
mariokartsr8.jpg

10. Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. (PS2)
shctply2.jpg

^ s**t top 10 list there imo =)

Including old classics... decided by how much fun i had playing them:
1. Counter Strike/Counter Strike: Source - HANDS DOWN. (PC)
2. Survival Project (PC)
3. Super Smash Brothers (N64)
4. Halo (Halo 2/3, havn't played Halo 1) (360)
5. Mario Kart (N64)
6. Warcraft III: TFT (Specific games played: Island Defense, DotA) (PC)
7. NBA 2K7/2K8 (360)
8. Tied for 8th: The old mario and Donkey Kong games on Super Nintendo (Super Nintendo)
9. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
10. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC)

Extras: Zelda (64 version, and Twilight princess) - Golden Eye (64), GTA series, MGS1, Mario Party series, GUNBOUND!!!

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ s**t top 10 list there imo =)

Including old classics... decided by how much fun i had playing them:
1. Counter Strike/Counter Strike: Source - HANDS DOWN. (PC)
2. Survival Project (PC)
3. Super Smash Brothers (N64)
4. Halo (Halo 2/3, havn't played Halo 1) (360)
5. Mario Kart (N64)
6. Warcraft III: TFT (Specific games played: Island Defense, DotA) (PC)
7. NBA 2K7/2K8 (360)
8. Tied for 8th: The old mario and Donkey Kong games on Super Nintendo (Super Nintendo)
9. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
10. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC)

Extras: Zelda (64 version, and Twilight princess) - Golden Eye (64), GTA series, MGS1, Mario Party series, GUNBOUND!!!

:)

Man your list is even shitter than the previous one :D

fair nuff.

He is a mate so he knows just kidding around anyway

btw; your list is a fuking joke.

Quake? roflmfao. That game is more of a joke then your list.

jedi knight. w0w.

10. Master of Orion- PC
master_of_orion_1st.jpg

Master of Orion is a turn based strategy game based released in 1993 based around the idea of building a galactic empire. The interesting thing about the game was the high ability the player has to customise units they build, and it was among the first strategy games to offer playable races with clear strengths and weaknesses that differ from their opponents. It didn't rate it as highly as some of the other strategy games of its type but it was still a lot of fun, and I still play it every so often to this day.

9. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- GC
the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess_link_20051008.jpg

Most will be putting Ocarina of Time in this place but I didn't have a 64 when OoT was released so I missed that particular boat. Twilight Princess was one boat I certainly didn't miss and while the similarities to OoT were obvious throughout I found TP a much more fleshed out and enjoyable experience which was a true pleasure to play. One of the rare games that left me disappointed that the story was over at the end.

8. Unreal Tournament- PC
UnrealTournamentLogo.jpg

Still in my mind the greater first person shooter ever made. The physics of the environments, the wide variety of weapons to be used, Assault mode, and the awesome sniper rifle (partnered with maps that provide fantastic sniping positions) all made for a fantastic online and offline experience. The bots were a real challenge with multiple levels of challenge, and I rate my 2nd final position in a deathmatch against 15 godlike bots as my greatest gaming achievement.

7. Suikoden- PSX
suikoden_1_1.jpg

Little known RPG from the original Playstation, the first RPG for that console, remains one of my favourite games. In fact I recently fully replayed it about a month ago. The great thing about the game was the storyline, which just about blows anything produced by the predictable Final Fantasy games out of the water.

6. Tales of Symphonia- GC
20051109-1131494597869%20BANNER.jpg

One of the few RPGs that offers you high quality gameplay, alongside a kickass story and characters who you actually care about with their personal idiosyncrasies, humour and individuality. There are about 9 main character that they're all unique in their own way, and the main character Lloyd Irving is easily the best RPG hero I've come across. He's determined, innocent, loyal, a great fighter, funny and not very bright. A fun game, if a little bit too long.

I tell you what, there's a game most of you probably have never heard of on the DS that might make my list when I finally make it.

It's "The World Ends with You" an RPG with a real time fast paced battle system AND it's not in the cliche RPG setting (i.e. swords, elfs, magic etc.) it's in modern day Tokyo. Although it still is very weird and won't be everyone's cup of tea.

fair nuff.

He is a mate so he knows just kidding around anyway

btw; your list is a fuking joke.

Quake? roflmfao. That game is more of a joke then your list.

jedi knight. w0w.

It's THAN. Are you 12? Why the hostility?

Anyway,what planet are you on? Quake changed gaming. Even today, most of the best 3D engines are derived from the quake engine,including your precious CS/CS Source. Half-life 2 was a rehash of the half-life engine, which was a rehash of the Quake 2 engine, which was a beefed up quake engine. mmkay?

edit for your viewing pleasure:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Quake_-_family_tree.svg

Do not doubt the power of the Carmack.

5. Starcraft- PC
starcraft.jpg

Probably the most complete real time strategy game ever made. Most game either offer the player the exact same units for all players, or offer multiple races where some clearly offer a tactical advantage over the others. Fluke or not Blizzard was able to produce a strategy game with three completely different opponents, each with different units, different ways of building, and even in some respects different ways of collecting resources. And yet they were perfectly balanced as no one race was clearly superior to the other. The amount of strategies, and counter strategies, that you could use in this game for every race is just astounding and raises it also to the same level as chess when it comes to strategic thinking.

4. Grand Theft Auto III- PS2
040428_grandtheft_hup_2p.hmedium.jpg

Yes sequels have improved on it but, despite being the third in the series, this was the original that revolutionised gaming. No matter how many what they put into future installments they'll never be as revoultionary as the game that started it all, GTA III.

3. Age of Empires- PC
aoe_screen001.jpg

I said plenty about Starcraft earlier, and while Starcraft might technically be the better RTS I still spent three times as many hours playing the original AOE. Ancient history has always been fasinating to me and this game offers you the oppotunity to explore those ancient worlds and kill them with vast armies of elephants, centurions, or catapults raining death on your enemies. Unfortunately the stupidity of the AI, where troops calmly walk past the enemy while being attacked, means that I no longer play it, but for a few years it was my game of choice.

2. Civilization II- PC
civ6.gif

I can't help but feel I would've been a much better student at school if I never got my hands on Civilization, and its sequel Civilization II. All those hours lost to building up world empires from scratch. Civilization is the kind of addictive game that results in the unwary PC gamer being stuck in a room for a week trying to get through just one more turn.

1. Suikoden II- PSX
fin.jpg

Epic story- Check
Great characters- Check
A dominanting kickass evil villian who just likes to kill people- Check
A villian with real understandable reasons for being the villian- Check
Lots of fun sidequests- Check
Great inbattle gameplay- Probably not but simple, effective and an improvement on the original

Not many have heard of Suikoden II, let alone played it. They're so rare that a good copy has been known to sell for around $200 on ebay. But its still the best RPG I've ever played. If you're a graphics junky then you won't get your fix with Suikoden II, but if you want a story that's a little deeper than "lets follow the hot girl with the nice rack, and fight that weird stalker villian who seems to appear again and again and again" then Suikoden II is your game. It's a same it wasn't more successful because it might have meant that video gamers started looking at creating decent stories in their games rather than just concentrating on creating characters who's hair blows ultra realistically in the wind.

lol.

Bottom line: Quake sucks.

but mmmk, these are opinion topics.

Feel free to diss any games i listed

It isn't really opinion, quake is regarded pretty much universally as in the top 2 or 3 games ever,especially in the effect it had on future games. All those hours of enjoyment you got out of CS and CS:S, you can thank quake.

I'm sure the games you listed are cool, but top 10 of all time?CS and CS:S aren't even games, they are mods for a game.

Jedi Knight i listed because when it came out it was probably the biggest FPS ever. The levels were just crazy huge and well designed. The atmosphere was 2nd to none because it captured the star wars feel successfully, like tie fighter did. The weapons were cool, the story was good.

lol.

Bottom line: Quake sucks.

but mmmk, these are opinion topics.

Feel free to diss any games i listed

Quake revolutionized first person shooters. At the time of release it was an amazing game. Going by your list it would seem you weren't around to appreciate it. But there is no need to rubbish it.

It isn't really opinion, quake is regarded pretty much universally as in the top 2 or 3 games ever,especially in the effect it had on future games. All those hours of enjoyment you got out of CS and CS:S, you can thank quake.

I'm sure the games you listed are cool, but top 10 of all time?CS and CS:S aren't even games, they are mods for a game.

Jedi Knight i listed because when it came out it was probably the biggest FPS ever. The levels were just crazy huge and well designed. The atmosphere was 2nd to none because it captured the star wars feel successfully, like tie fighter did. The weapons were cool, the story was good.

Jedi Knight was awesome. Really felt like Star Wars. The expansion was pretty good too. But I gotta say Jedi Knight 2 was better.

Mario 64
Goldeneye
Starcraft
Command and Conquer
Dark Forces
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
NBA 2K1
FIFA 03
Dead or Alive 2
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country

Remove this Banner Ad