Top 10 games through the years

Remove this Banner Ad

lol sims ftw.

zelda: oricana (is that what its called?) was one of the first "3D" type games wasnt it? it was good as.
Only thing i dislike about the series is that.. the actual combat is too easy. The games make you think ALOT (which is what makes it so good), however it would be more enjoyable if the monsters/creeps actually put up decent fights. I've clocked TP on Wii, and it can stress you out (for some parts had to look @ the online guides), but bosses/monsters were way too easy, which was the only negative thing in the game, imo.

Some of the monsters were a little easy, but some really required a little thinking to work out.

Also one of the best bad guys i've ever fought against is in the Zelda series

plusbellesvuesdhyrulehtgt4.jpg

Remember how letterboxed it was:D

The actual gameplay took place in a box, that was like a quarter, if that, of the total screen. Just so it could run on the puny mega drive processor.

The rest was just a giant heads up display.

It was a sorta cool game, with a decent story. The shotgun rocked...especially on those friggin dogs that ran straight at you.

"Ent...er...ing....Le....vel two...base....ment":D

It also had the longest save game passwords known to man, how many times did i think....

Is that a one or a i? Or is it a lower case L. Is that zero or oh? Oh crap, my 5 hours of gameplay is lost

In no particular order;

Zelda
Street Fighter 2
Quake
Final Fantasy 7
Dune 2
Jones in the Fast Lane
Leisure Suit Larry
GTA 3
Tekken
Gran Turismo 4

My best:

1 - Quake (PC) - The greatest multiplayer game ever created, spawned internet gaming/clans/leagues/terminology the need for low ping... 1on1 fps gameplay perfected.
2 - Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting (SNES) - The best fighting game created ever
3 - Dues Ex (PC) - FPS RPG fuision without peer
4 - Half Life (PC) - Fantasic game that was the benchmark FPS for many years.
5 - Zelda 3 (SNES) - Equal or better than Ocarina of Time
6 - Call of Duty 4 (PC) - The best game I've played in the last couple of years
7 - Super Mario 3 (NES) - Amazing game for it's time. As good as any platformer since.
8 - Doom - THE game that brought FPS and PC gaming to the masses.
9 - Enemy Territory (PC) - Brilliantly fun and tactical team based gameplay and FREE.
10 - UFO Enemy Unknown (PC) - Someone NEEDS to remake this classic turn based strategy game.

I urge any younger generation gamer to seek out some of these classics and give them a go.

So many regrettable omissions, but there can only be 10!

Can i add Transport Tycoon? One of the very first ones. Very fascinating game, whilst it's not as detailed and doesn't stand out graphically like the latest ones coming out, i found the 1st one a lot better because it was so simple and easy. Sometimes games are better that way. :) Spent a fair few hours on this one too!

Can i add Transport Tycoon? One of the very first ones. Very fascinating game, whilst it's not as detailed and doesn't stand out graphically like the latest ones coming out, i found the 1st one a lot better because it was so simple and easy. Sometimes games are better that way. :) Spent a fair few hours on this one too!

I spent many many hours on that game. loved it.

You guys might be too young to remember but i loved Street Rod (PC), hot up cars (very basic but fun) drag and race other for your shot and the king! Leisure Suit Larry, had to learn who Nixon was just so you could actually play the thing. Bioshock is easily the best game of the next gen systems. Also loved Starcraft and Warcraft the original, awesome games

Is that the game where you could race for pink slips? because I remember when I had it I thought racing for pink slips was racing for free, couldn't understand why my cars kept increasing or decreasing..... i was very young at the time :p

"You just won a helluva car!"

Ha ha a classic game... I remember fighting with my brothers for computer rights to play street rod after school. If I remember correctly wasn't "The king" in a black hotted up corvette with a huge bonnet intake. :D..

On GTA IV its my first look at the game series, as while at uni and being a bit of a "jock" through my teenage years I am not what you'd call a massive gamer. Only bought my PS3 mid last year when they were still top dollar :D - love the cordless controls and also use it to watch movies with the MRS. Im up to the bank level in GTA and have had two cracks at it before getting killed. Goin to load up on grenades at the gun shop next time and get some armour... It's like nothing ive seen before - didn't know you could swear that much in a computer game!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played Street Rod 2 for a couple of hours at work today.

It's still awesome, the sounds are priceless....and the sayings!

"You can't tune that mess klutz!"

I'm worse at it now than I used to be, Mullholland Dr and the Aquaduct are so hard!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back