Jun 28, 2000
one-out in the goal squar
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Tottenham
...well according to Pete Prisco that is

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6294523

The Rush-Your-Life away schedule came out Thursday afternoon.

Huh, you say?

That's what we call the NFL schedule each spring, because as you look at the 17 weeks, it's hard not to anticipate the games being played in December.

The Northeast isn't even over the winter cold yet and we're already thinking about bundling up to see a game in Buffalo next December.

No other league has that kind of impact on fan's lives. Trips are planned around it, weddings are set between key games and records are calculated by seeing a team's schedule when it is released.

But that's why we love the release of the schedule. It allows us to look ahead to the best time of the year, when regular-season games matter -- unlike other major sports leagues.

To help prepare you for the season, here are 10 must-see games:

Sept. 4, New York Jets at Washington Redskins: With the way Redskins owner Dan Snyder has raided the Jets roster, this one will be interesting more ways than just being the season opener on a Thursday night. Snyder and Jets general manager Terry Bradway have also taken a few shots at each other the past week or so, throwing fuel on the fire. This will also be the first time for fans to see if all that money Snyder has spent in the offseason was worth it. And the Jets may be able to tell if Chad Pennington was a one-year wonder (he wasn't).

Sept. 8, Tampa Bay at Philadelphia: The league loves to have the defending champions open the Monday Night Football schedule. But on the road opening another team's stadium in a city that hasn't exactly been kind to the Bucs? That's a little cruel. They did beat the Eagles at Philly in the NFC Championship Game on their way to the Super Bowl victory. So this will be a revenge game for the Eagles. The big issue is whether the Eagles' new stadium will give them the same powerful edge Veterans Stadium did. Knowing how antiseptic these new stadiums sometimes feel, it's doubtful.

Sept. 15, Dallas at New York Giants: Bill Parcells returns to face the team with which he started his head coaching career. The new Dallas coach led the Giants to two Super Bowl victories, and that will make this one special. Giants fans loved Parcells, but now they'll likely be spending the night booing him. That won't be T-U-U-U-N-A you think you hear. Lucky this one's early. The later meeting shouldn't matter for the Cowboys, who are clearly a year away from competing for a playoff spot.

Oct. 5, Arizona at Dallas: Emmitt Smith comes home. Well, at least a shell of himself. This will be the first time Smith gets a chance to play his former teammates, and it's good that it comes at Texas Stadium. The question is whether Smith will even be starting. Just seeing him wearing the red jersey will be weird enough.

Oct. 6, Indianapolis at Tampa Bay: Colts coach Tony Dungy was the coach of the Bucs before being fired after the 2001 season. Tampa Bay went on to win the Super Bowl last year behind Jon Gruden. Now Dungy gets his chance for payback against many of the players he helped bring to Tampa. Dungy has too much class to make a big deal out of this, but you can bet it will be all that and more for him.

Oct. 19, Green Bay at St. Louis: Because we think the Rams will bounce back to be an offensive force again, this one should be fun. The last time the Packers played in St. Louis, the Rams blew them out in the 2000 playoffs. Brett Favre was terrible that day. He gets a chance to make amends on this day. Favre and Kurt Warner should fill the sky with footballs.

Nov. 2, New Orleans at Tampa Bay: The Saints beat the Super Bowl champs twice last season, including at Raymond James Stadium in the opening week. Even so, they did not make the playoffs because of a late-season collapse. If they can go into Tampa and win again, maybe that will change in 2003. The two teams meet against in New Orleans on Dec. 7.

Dec. 7, Oakland at Pittsburgh: Anytime these two meet, it warrants special consideration. In the second week of the 2002 season, the Raiders came into Heinz Field and passed all over the Steelers in an easy victory. That game helped the Raiders springboard to the AFC championship. The Steelers have plenty of incentive to show that things have changed in 2003. They better not be as slow on defense or the Raiders will get them again.

Dec. 14, Buffalo at Tennessee: The last time the Bills played in this stadium they were hit by the Music City Miracle, costing them a playoff victory. That seems like a long time ago. This won't be a playoff game like that one was, but it could have major playoff implications. Both teams should be in the hunt for their respective division titles.

Dec. 20, Atlanta at Tampa Bay: When Michael Vick went to Tampa late last year to play the Bucs in a key game, he was awful. He said he has never seen a defense as fast at the one the Bucs had that day. He'll get another late-season chance to make amends at Raymond James Stadium this season. Here's betting he does better this time around.

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
...well according to Pete Prisco that is

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6294523

Dec. 7, Oakland at Pittsburgh: Anytime these two meet, it warrants special consideration. In the second week of the 2002 season, the Raiders came into Heinz Field and passed all over the Steelers in an easy victory. That game helped the Raiders springboard to the AFC championship. The Steelers have plenty of incentive to show that things have changed in 2003. They better not be as slow on defense or the Raiders will get them again.

I still think my team made a terrible mistake releasing Rod Woodson (hence he's the reason I follow the Steelers) and to now have Rod play for Al Davis' team sure hurts me.

I look forward to these games...I hope the STEELERS can continue doing what we've been doing (heck, We almost SHUT OUT the NFL Champs in Week 15 for crying out loud!!) BUT this time GO ALL THE WAY ! Turnovers killed us last season and a effective Running Game needs to be a priority.

I chose Tommy over Kordell for QB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back