3- Zorko
4- Martin
5- Cameron
6- Hipwood
7- Gardiner
8- McCluggage
9- Berry
10- Witherden

He could easily get injured and spend the year off like Cameron did. He might not live up to expectations either. We don’t know how he’s going to go until he’s on the field.

Could say the same about every player on the list though.

I have him #2 on my most important list.

1. Martin - our most influential. Can dominate poor rucks or negate the influence of stronger rucks.
2. Zorko - By far our most damaging.
3. Hipwood - The forward most likely to kick a bag.
4. Neale - Feeds the ball out
5. Gardiner - Takes the best forward most weeks
6. Andrews - Intercept marking a weapon and can shut down a key forward
7. McCluggage - Will weave through the midfield and open things up
8. Witherden - Creates so many scoring opportunities off half back
9. McStay - Important to our structure. Hopefully can make space in the forward line for Hipwood, Cameron, etc.
10. Robertson - Shutdown small back and offers run off half back unlike others in the best 22

Unlucky; Berry but there are a couple better in a similar role.
Cameron chips in for a few goals and offers good forward pressure but not consistent enough. Can turn a game but we don't want to rely on him having a purple patch each game to get us over the line.
Cutler line breaker but more the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
1. Zorko
2. Martin
3. Neale
4. Andrews
5. Hipwood
6. Cameron
7. Gardiner
8. McCluggage
9. Witherden
10. Berry

1. Dayne Zorko (our best player)

2. Harris Andrews (our best defender and best young player)
3. Lachie Neale (our second-best player)
4. Jarrod Berry (our best young midfielder)
5. Eric Hipwood (our best forward)
6. Hugh McCluggage (our most skilled youngster)
7. Darcy Gardiner (put our trust in him)
8. Charlie Cameron (x-factor)
9. Stefan Martin (only proper ruckman at the club)
10. Daniel Rich (If Witho gets midfield minutes, he'll be our important bail-out kick a lot of the time)

1 Zorko. No one else on the list offers the run and carry that he consistently provides. Arguably the most damaging player on our list.

2 Neale, can’t wait to see him play for us, genuinely elite at what he does in an area of weakness. Should greatly change our midfield dynamic.

3 Stef, originally had him a little lower when I started the list. Still very important, having some queries over Big O or Archie taking the Ruck duties has pushed him up.

4 Andrews, being a KPD I think there’s a few ways to potentially cover him. The game starts in the middle, hence the reason I have others higher. Gaining Adams gives us another mature option.

5. Cameron, was on track for a very impressive year. Was constantly a goal threat, provided good pressure and gave some good flexibility being played from the goal score occasionally.

6. Hipwood, will likely be our highest goal kicker again next year. Looking forward to his continued development

7. McCluggage, our lack of outside polish has pushed him slightly ahead of Berry for mine. Hopefully fills some of the void left by Beams.

8. Berry, expecting a big year, seem absolutely primed for it too.

9 Gardiner gets those awkward match ups and generally does a really good job. Took a major step last year.

10. Witherden, provides good constant drive from defense.

Our 10 most important players are the 10 lowest rated/least experienced players out of the 22 who take the field any given week.

1. Hipwood (little to replace him)
2. Andrews
3. Neale (best player with Andrews)
4. Berry (J)
5. Clugga
6. Zorko
7. Cameron
8. Gardiner
9. Martin (only this low because of Big O - no Big O & I’d have him in the top 3)
10. Cutler

Despite my user name, no place for Witherden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Andrews (Key Defender future AA lock in)
2. Martin (Old yes, But i believe 2nd most important player to play finals this year)
3. Zorko (Captain, Pace & Skill like no one else in the comp)
4. Neale (Speak for himself, new player but elite player in the comp)
5. Hipwood (Raw talent still, starting to progress. Key forward always important to playing finals)
6. Cameron (Electric player, quick and our second goal scoring option)
7. Gardiner (Our lock down defender)
8. McStay (A few will question this, Yes he can't kick straight but he takes the contested grabs up forward, Hipwood doesn't)
9. Lyons (Contested ball guru)
10. Witherden (our set up from the half back and our best ball user in the back 50)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back