Top 10 movies of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My top 10 movies of 2020

Due to covid staying at home has allowed me to catch up on a lot of movies here is a list of my top 10 movies of 2020 and some honorable meantions
10.Birds Of Prey
9.The Invisible Man
8.Never Rearly Sometimes Always
7.The Wolf Of Snow Hollow
6.Blood On Her Name
5.Banana Split
4.The Way Back
3.His House
2.Saint Frances
1.Black Box

Honorable Meantions
The Hurt
Freaky
Babyteeth
Da5Bloods
Feel free to make your own list

Last edited:
Obviously been a very very tough year for film. Ill have a think on my best for the year but it honestly feels like anything pre covid was a million years ago.

The Gentleman, The Old Guard, Trial of the Chicago 7, Relic, Invisible Man, Bad Education, Palm Springs, Nocturne are probably on my highlight list but im seeing Tenet this weekend and really need to watch His House and Black Box.

I think TV and Docos kind of took over for my primary viewing this year, even my list has 2 true stories on it.

I dont have streaming.

My top movies of 2020 would include Let Him Go, with Kevin Costner (only cinema film Ive seen of 2020 so pretty much gets there by default), and The Dry but technically that comes out Jan 1 2021.

And then take your pick, Kill Bills, Pulp Fiction, give Shawshank Redemption a go if you already have not!!!!

And so forth :thumbsupv1:

I saw Birds of Prey at the cinemas just before COVID hit.

The lockdown in Melbourne was better than it. Horrible film.

Agreed.

Trailer made it look awesome, but it was a boring pile of s**t that I went on a to date to see. I think I'd rather watch Suicide Skwad again

Isn't this Tenet the thread?

1. Waves
2. Portrait of a Lady on Fire
3. Tenet
4. Palm Springs
5. Extraction
6. On The Rocks
7. Sound of Metal
8. The Nest
9. Enola Holmes
10. -

1. Tenet
2. Palm Springs
3. King of Staten Island
4. The Gentlemen
5. The Invisible Man
6. The Devil All the Time
7. Unhinged
8. Waiting for the Barbarians
9. Extraction

Really no order. Nothing has blown me away. Tenet best for scope, though sound design was absolute trash.

Have a lot less time for slice of life dramas that most indies are these days.

1. Tenet
2. Palm Springs
3. King of Staten Island
4. The Gentlemen
5. The Invisible Man
6. The Devil All the Time
7. Unhinged
8. Waiting for the Barbarians
9. Extraction

Really no order. Nothing has blown me away. Tenet best for scope, though sound design was absolute trash.

Have a lot less time for slice of life dramas that most indies are these days.

Devil all the time is a good call.

Is extraction the hemsworth action flick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only film i saw this year that blew me away and was a 2020 film was Another Round which is a Danish film where the premise is 4 teachers vow to have their alcohol level over 0.05 at all times. Sounds like a comedy and it is a bit.. but its more than that.
Otherwise there are about 20 ok films that arent worth rating

The only film i saw this year that blew me away and was a 2020 film was Another Round which is a Danish film where the premise is 4 teachers vow to have their alcohol level over 0.05 at all times. Sounds like a comedy and it is a bit.. but its more than that.
Otherwise there are about 20 ok films that arent worth rating

Sounds like my twenties.

Tenet
Vitalina Varela
Richard Jewell
Little Women
Martin Eden
A Hidden Life
Chasing Dream
The Invisible Man
Siberia
The Way Back

Tentatively holding out a spot for Monster Hunter.

One of the weakest years for movies I can remember.

Oh yeah I forgot about Little Women, that makes it in for sure. Also watched Mank and Tenet in the last 48 hours and will add those too.

I am not sure if the Small Axe movie Mangrove counts as a movie or a series, but given the 5 Small Axe movies are independent of each other i will count it as a movie and it moves straight to number 1 for me. Directed by Steve McQueen, its on Binge and its about a trial. Think Trial of the Chicago 7 but set in England in the 70s and way better and i liked Chicago 7. Just watch it.

1. La Belle Époque*
2. Queen & Slim*
3. The Trial of the Chicago 7
4. The Devil All the Time
5. The Happiest Season
6. An American Pickle
7. Sound of Metal*
8. Honey Boy*
9. Mank
10. Nomadland

* Technically a 2019 film but released here in 2020.

With plenty of others to see, e.g. Promising Young Woman, The Nest, Small Axe, Minari, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, and another 5 or 10 that were pushed back to 2021.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back